IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

My area is mostly fine, just some power outages. Floods were not really all that much worse than any other heavy storm.  Central Jersey got its ass handed to it a but more

ya i seen some cars up to the roof yesterday from someone.  Pretty crazy!

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 231/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Great work you guys. I have never been any good at football games. I basically have to look for exploits and cheeses to make sure I can reliably make points the same way over and over, so that I can ignore all the plays and options, lol. Even on Game Boy most of the football games that are too complex for me.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:10 PM, McBryce said:

NBA Jam 99 is done.

They didn't even give me a "Sixers Win" ending screen or anything like that.

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

On 9/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, McBryce said:

NBA Jam 2000. Same deal.

IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

How in the hell did two teams score less than 30 points combined in an NBA Jam game? Not putting fault on you of course, I'm just astounded that such an offense-heavy series could be that way, or frankly, that a B-ball game in general would end with such low scores given shot clock considerations. I know that the series changed hands at some point in the 90s, and from my memory, at least the GBA games were pretty poor compared to the GB games (which is surprising when you think about it), but man, that seems like a really weird issue.

4 hours ago, koifish said:

How in the hell did two teams score less than 30 points combined in an NBA Jam game? Not putting fault on you of course, I'm just astounded that such an offense-heavy series could be that way, or frankly, that a B-ball game in general would end with such low scores given shot clock considerations. I know that the series changed hands at some point in the 90s, and from my memory, at least the GBA games were pretty poor compared to the GB games (which is surprising when you think about it), but man, that seems like a really weird issue.

I played Sim mode, scoring is a little tougher to come by.

This does lead me to something else though. I did try out the “Jam” mode and it keeps track of every team you beat.

I was wondering if anyone that has cleared it in the past could shed some light on this. Is beating every team in Jam mode the true way to get to the ending? I don’t mind giving it a shot, but I wanted to see if anyone could confirm first before I took the time to do it.

came across this community event randomly recently and realized I had forgotten all about it!

i've just recently started streaming regularly and will be working on some of the games that haven't been cleared off the list yet that i own on stream, starting with Space Station Silicon Valley. Just wanted to announce my intention to mark that one off. I think over all I have 7 from the list.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, McBryce said:

I played Sim mode, scoring is a little tougher to come by.

This does lead me to something else though. I did try out the “Jam” mode and it keeps track of every team you beat.

I was wondering if anyone that has cleared it in the past could shed some light on this. Is beating every team in Jam mode the true way to get to the ending? I don’t mind giving it a shot, but I wanted to see if anyone could confirm first before I took the time to do it.

Ha ha, simulation of a low-scoring game 😄 That's an interesting element. I suppose it makes enough sense given the conditions. Those scorelines are just funny to me.

As for your "Jam mode" question, I can't say that I've ever done it in those Jam games, but for Hangtime on GB, beating all of the teams is how you beat the game and unlock "expansion mode" which lets you play a larger roster, plus gives access to the All-Star team. These are several years apart and made by different companies (I brushed up; Akklaim got the exclusive rights to Jam starting with NBA Jam Extreme, and so the "true" Midway successors are Hangtime and Showtime: NBA on NBC), so while maybe relevant, it's just as much an open question I think. Maybe you can find some FAQs or videos of the game that specify this info?

12 hours ago, koifish said:

Ha ha, simulation of a low-scoring game 😄 That's an interesting element. I suppose it makes enough sense given the conditions. Those scorelines are just funny to me.

As for your "Jam mode" question, I can't say that I've ever done it in those Jam games, but for Hangtime on GB, beating all of the teams is how you beat the game and unlock "expansion mode" which lets you play a larger roster, plus gives access to the All-Star team. These are several years apart and made by different companies (I brushed up; Akklaim got the exclusive rights to Jam starting with NBA Jam Extreme, and so the "true" Midway successors are Hangtime and Showtime: NBA on NBC), so while maybe relevant, it's just as much an open question I think. Maybe you can find some FAQs or videos of the game that specify this info?

I mean obviously I didn’t play full 15 minute quarters, but it did seem like shots weren’t falling at a normal rate. The “Jam” mode is the much superior experience.

I couldn’t find any FAQs or anything that specifies any ending, so that’s why I asked here to see if anyone that has finished it before could clarify. If not, I don’t have a problem doing the research. Just trying to make everything as legit as possible.

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, McBryce said:

I mean obviously I didn’t play full 15 minute quarters, but it did seem like shots weren’t falling at a normal rate. The “Jam” mode is the much superior experience.

I couldn’t find any FAQs or anything that specifies any ending, so that’s why I asked here to see if anyone that has finished it before could clarify. If not, I don’t have a problem doing the research. Just trying to make everything as legit as possible.

@Splain will have to make a ruling, I would assume it's good, bit I haven’t played them.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:10 AM, Jeevan said:

@Splain will have to make a ruling, I would assume it's good, bit I haven’t played them.

Ok, sounds good. I know this isn’t always an exact science. If we do keep them counted for this year, next year I will try out Jam mode to see if it’s different. I’m curious now.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 9/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, bronzeshield said:

Took care of Centre Court Tennis on Normal difficulty:

The game doesn't seem to have a proper ending, so I always just win every Cup once and become world #1. (If there is an actual ending, with credits 'n such, I'd love to know about it.)

Thank goodness. I was trying to play that one and wasn't making much progress. Feels like I'm swinging at the ball and it's passing right through the racket. I'm no bronzeshield when it comes to tennis games.

As for NBA Jam, I haven't found anything YET that shows any endings for playing in Jam mode. The widely accepted way to "beat" the game seems to be exactly how @McBryce dd it.

@themisfit138 I'll check previous years to see if there's credits or something for completing the story mode. It rings a bell but I can't remember.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 234/303