IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Btw guys, I'm playing Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs ATM!

I'm actually really digging this game, it's like a 3D vehicle combat game with strategy elements bolted on to it, and it's surprisingly deep and complex for an N64 game.

It's also got a great atmosphere and theme, you're fighting skirmishes with the Soviets on various Moons and Planets around the solar system, I would have absolutely LOVED this shit growing up, I've always been into solar system stuff!

I'll keep going and let you know how my thoughts evolve...

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 192/303

**SPLAIN ALERT**

Battlezone Rise of the Black Dogs is complete!

IMG20210612142347.jpg.da772a2e64e8b72305e16b52a32d3b36.jpg

As I just said above, I really like this game, just great overall atmosphere and it's really something different. It's basically like playing and RTS like Command and Conquer, but you're one of the units!

So anyway, I finished the American campaign, as per the requirements of the thread, but I'm absolutely going back for more, there's two more campaigns to do, so yeah I'm no where near ready to drop this one yet! 🙂

• Like 5

On 6/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im surprised you didn’t like it. I remember really enjoying this one a few years ago when I played it

I feel like I definitely should have liked it more than I did. I appreciate that they tried to make some changes to the Cruis'n USA formula so that it wasn't just Cruis'n USA: Off Road Edition, but I never really felt like I was in control and getting through some of the races seemed to take more luck than skill. Overall, I just found it more frustrating than fun. Maybe I'm just getting a bit burned-out on N64 racers and need to play some other types of games for a bit🤷‍♂️

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 193/303
Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, KokiriChild said:

I'm gonna try my hand at Donkey Kong 64 and Iggy's Wreckin Balls if no one else is doing those yet.

ever beat paper mario?  😏

If not, i might try my hand at that, it will give me something to do and come back to when i need to walk away

Just an update on Donkey Kong 64 - I am about to finish Crystal Caves, so I should have it done in the next couple of days if not by tonight. 

I can technically beat the game whenever I want at this point but I am taking my sweet time and 101%-ing the game cus I'm having so much fun.

Hopefully I can get to Iggy's or SSSC soon after I'm done. I believe we can do it this year, fam!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, koifish said:

Curious if anyone has tried Tonic Trouble out yet. I remember seeing it in Nintendo Power once upon a time, but in actually playing it, it seems rather derivative. The amount of collecting stuff in it seems like it would get really annoying too.

I've never played it. It always looked kinda bland to me. 

Events Helper · Posted

castlevania

chameleon twist 2

dr. mario 64

duke nukem 64

f zero x

mace dark age

ready 2 rumble

road rash

super bowling

transformers beast wars

Does anyone have the above for sale?  Doubles maybe?  🥺  haha, i know its a long shot, but hey, figured i would ask

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

castlevania

chameleon twist 2

dr. mario 64

duke nukem 64

f zero x

mace dark age

paper mario

ready 2 rumble

road rash

super bowling

transformers beast wars

Does anyone have the above for sale?  Doubles maybe?  🥺  haha, i know its a long shot, but hey, figured i would ask

If you collected CIB I'd sell you my copy of Dr. Mario. I bought it cuz I thought my wife would like it but she prefers the NES version (for some reason).

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If you collected CIB I'd sell you my copy of Dr. Mario. I bought it cuz I thought my wife would like it but she prefers the NES version (for some reason).

man i wish shipping wasn't outrageous or i might do it 😞