IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Events Helper · Posted

Knife Edge Nose  Gunner Done!!!!  Thats 1 of a target of 5 for the rest of each week, we need that many to finish the library each week......Not sure it will happen, but I will putt forth some effort myself to knock out as many as I can each week!  Let's see how close we can get boys!!!!  This game can get difficult, I should have had it done, but if you die, you might as well start over in the later stages because it's hard to get built back up imo to levels high enough to do massive damage on your guns!

VNOUY4L.jpg

• Like 5

Editorials Team · Posted

Ok friends! I was out of town for a long time but now I'm back! Also school starts on Monday so I'll have more time for games, lol. Nice job @Jeevan on those clears; you're right that we need to get serious about knocking out those games if we're going to get them all done.  Back to work!!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 205/303
Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, fox said:

Got about an hour into Rocket: Robot on Wheels and got abut everything from the first world.  Going to keep with it see if I can't get on the board.

nice!!!!  I haven't played that one yet, but it looks like it could be fun maybe.

Just now, Jeevan said:

nice!!!!  I haven't played that one yet, but it looks like it could be fun maybe.

It has a lot of charm.  I think it is Sucker Punch's first game so you can see where they cut their teeth.  It even has wicked racoon as the villain.  Very Mario/Banjo vibes, but control is worse somehow, and the camera is always a struggle in these types.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 206/303
Administrator · Posted

I'm like 10 hours into Aidyn. STILL haven't found/killed the Goblin leader at Erromon lol. I'm actually still enjoying just chilling out and playing for bits at a time, but I can see why little me never got to/past this part, the area is a goddamn labyrinth!

Beyond the maze-like mountain area, my characters were also entirely incapable of killing most groups upon my arrival, I've had to grind a fair bit, and grinding in this is sloooooowwww.

• Agree 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 209/303
Administrator · Posted

I've caught myself up a fair bit on work, so I gave myself today to play Aidyn. The further I get the more it grows on me. Honestly I feel like it's actually pretty decent. Considering the lack of RPG games on the console, if I was an adult at the time of its release and went with n64 instead of playstation cuz of having kids or something, this would have been a mainstay for me. 

I'm at Talewok now, just got out of the Dryad Forest. Thinking I'll replace Abrecan with Keelin. I could really use a thief for the party. 

Administrator · Posted

25 hours into Aidyn. Having grown up playing PC RPGs, honestly I actually really like the pace overall. As I've said, it's pretty chill. I like the amount of customization available; I'd actually say this is among the more well thought out RPG leveling systems of the time.

Each character has their own static starting stats and levels, and they also grow in each skill at different rates based on what type of character they're intended to be. So for instance a Mage style character might require more XP to level up the "Sword" skill than a Warrior style character, and this is all on a per-character basis. It's really in-depth and I'm actually pretty impressed. It also means you're not LOCKED to a character's archetype, it's just more effort to take them out of their "comfort zone". Rheda for instance is pretty clearly a Mage at the start, but I have her as a quasi-tank sword-mage now, she's really come into her own.

The game has honestly grown so much on me, and there was a VERY CLEAR turning point in this. Once I got past the initial grinding that is required at the start of the game (the Erromon Mountains section), the rest has been pretty smooth sailing and fun. 

The story also, while the dialogue is PISS POOR, is actually somewhat interesting. I feel like they had a good idea but got the coders to type up all the words instead of a proper copy writer. There's gaps and weirdness for sure, but it's surprisingly deep and interesting. 

I can see how the game can feel daunting for people who've not beaten it, and I'm not really all that close to beating it myself, but honestly if you can get over that hump and are accepting of the generally slow combat (one of my favorite games is the original NES version of Final Fantasy, so I'm fine with this lol), it's honestly really enjoyable. I actually might suggest this game to people.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Anyone know how many rounds are in the tournament mode of Cybertiger? I was hoping it was just one but i did that tonight and after the 18th whole it asked if I wanted to move onto round 2 😑

My guess is four, since most major golf tournaments are played in four rounds over four days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) with score cutoffs on each day. That's why you see people often tune in only on Sunday, as that's the best of the best, and you see who is likely to win.

Too bad, Waielae is tough as nails but at least it let's you skip ahead to the final day if you so desire (you also start down 3 strokes however).
I think my last castlevania rage post in this thread disappeared, so I'll reiterate:

Spoiler

I WANT TO HAVE A LONG HARD TALK WITH WHOEVER DIRECTED CASTLEVANIA 64 AND SAID "YEAH, THAT'S GREAT, SHIP IT" . NO, IT'S NOT GREAT, IT'S ONE LONG SERIES OF "WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO ME?! WHO APPROVED THIS?!" TIED TOGETHER WITH SOME NORMAL 3D ACTION COMBAT WITH ABSURDLY CHEAP ENEMIES! THIS ISN'T CASTLEVANIA, IT'S A MISERABLE PILE OF WALL MEAT!
WHOEVER DECIDED TO MAKE A HEDGE MAZE WHERE YOU ARE TRYING TO FIND THAT ONE DAMN DOOR, WHILE BEING CONSTANTLY FOLLOWED BY A FAST ENEMY THAT GRABS AND STUNS YOU, AND A SLOW ENEMY THAT CATCHES UP WHILE YOU'RE STUNNED AND HITS YOU FOR HALF OF YOUR HEALTH WHILE YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING, WELL, THAT GUY CAN GO POUND SAND!!! ARRRRRRRRGH!

Edited by koifish
explained spoiler
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, koifish said:

My guess is four, since most major golf tournaments are played in four rounds over four days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) with score cutoffs on each day. That's why you see people often tune in only on Sunday, as that's the best of the best, and you see who is likely to win.

Too bad, Waielae is tough as nails but at least it let's you skip ahead to the final day if you so desire (you also start down 3 strokes however).
I think my last castlevania rage post in this thread disappeared, so I'll reiterate:

Hide contents

I WANT TO HAVE A LONG HARD TALK WITH WHOEVER DIRECTED CASTLEVANIA 64 AND SAID "YEAH, THAT'S GREAT, SHIP IT" . NO, IT'S NOT GREAT, IT'S ONE LONG SERIES OF "WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO ME?! WHO APPROVED THIS?!" TIED TOGETHER WITH SOME NORMAL 3D ACTION COMBAT WITH ABSURDLY CHEAP ENEMIES! THIS ISN'T CASTLEVANIA, IT'S A MISERABLE PILE OF WALL MEAT!
WHOEVER DECIDED TO MAKE A HEDGE MAZE WHERE YOU ARE TRYING TO FIND THAT ONE DAMN DOOR, WHILE BEING CONSTANTLY FOLLOWED BY A FAST ENEMY THAT GRABS AND STUNS YOU, AND A SLOW ENEMY THAT CATCHES UP WHILE YOU'RE STUNNED AND HITS YOU FOR HALF OF YOUR HEALTH WHILE YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING, WELL, THAT GUY CAN GO POUND SAND!!! ARRRRRRRRGH!

Ugh 4? It took me an hour to get through the 1st round. Thank god they let you save after every hole. I had to replay each one a dozen times because you HAVE to get at least a Birdie on every hole or you’ll lose. The cpu player is at -17 at the end of the first round. I feel like I wud enjoy it more overall if they used the standard swing mechanic and not the weird analog stick mechanic 

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Ugh 4? It took me an hour to get through the 1st round. Thank god they let you save after every hole. I had to replay each one a dozen times because you HAVE to get at least a Birdie on every hole or you’ll lose. The cpu player is at -17 at the end of the first round. I feel like I wud enjoy it more overall if they used the standard swing mechanic and not the weird analog stick mechanic 

lol, -17 on every round would obliterate the record books of any golf course on earth. Hopefully it isn't that ridiculous in its expectations for all four rounds. Here I thought shooting under par on GB Golf USA course was hard...

Well I spent another two hours this afternoon on the rest of the tournament’s and thankfully it gets MUCH easier in round 2. You start to notice the other players scores just tank all of a sudden. Its like they all broke an arm and were playing one handed. By the end of the tournament I was able to play leisurely without worrying about my score as I ended with a -32 and the cpu’s ended up in the -13 or so range. I dont know why they hit you right at the beginning with a seemingly insurmountable score to beat on round 1 like that. But anyway its done 

Edit: The credits are selectable in the menu so only a winner screen at the end

8030ABF6-BE1F-4BCB-8EAF-866ADA31E4BA.jpeg

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 5

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 210/303
Administrator · Posted

I... I did it... 

It's over! 

PXL_20210826_032238450.jpg

Aidyn Chronicles has been completed! 43 hours total, though a few might have been "afk" time. I actually grew to really like the game. It's a fuckin WEIRD game, but it's honestly pretty decent. I'll be playing this again for sure. 

• Like 7