IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 32/303
Events Helper · Posted

monster truck madness 64 is done.

qNjGpQg.jpg

This took way longer than the time on the screen.  Most races were super easy with shortcuts until the wastelands, where i spent most of my day practicing to get respectable times, and then trying to beat the damn computers who kept bumping me........Finally got clean runs on them tho.  

Also, this game is super dark, requires a CRT maybe or the ultra mod.  Anyways, the points are good on this me thinks!!!!

• Like 4

I've been slowly picking my way through Top Gear Rally. It's a game I'm not overly familiar with - I rented it once or twice when it first came out, but have not played it since. The handling is...unlike most other racing games I've played. I think I'm finally getting used to it though, and am having to restart races much less often now. Probably won't have much time to play this weekend, but hope to at least knock this one out before the end of the month

29 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

I've been slowly picking my way through Top Gear Rally. It's a game I'm not overly familiar with - I rented it once or twice when it first came out, but have not played it since. The handling is...unlike most other racing games I've played. I think I'm finally getting used to it though, and am having to restart races much less often now. Probably won't have much time to play this weekend, but hope to at least knock this one out before the end of the month

Huge fan of the SNES top gear games and never knew there was a 64 one until about six months ago when I saw it at my local shop. Couldn't get home fast enough I was so fired up. The handling was atrocious. Maybe its enjoyable if you put the time in, but 10 minutes and I was done. And I havent had any desire to go back 

Edited by NESfiend

Events Helper · Posted
40 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

If you are a racing guy, thank god, kuz we have needed one of those around here to help out 😉 Please do gods work with these!!!!!

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Huge fan of the SNES top gear games and never knew there was a 64 one until about six months ago when I saw it at my local shop. Couldn't get home fast enough I was so fired up. The handling was atrocious. Maybe its enjoyable if you put the time in, but 10 minutes and I was done. And I havent had any desire to go back 

You should help out with this.  You gonna do 1080 this year?  I think that is what you said you might do last year right?

Get to crackin'!!!!

Also, if you are not busy tomorrow we are playing jackbox!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

You should help out with this.  You gonna do 1080 this year?  I think that is what you said you might do last year right?

Get to crackin'!!!!

Also, if you are not busy tomorrow we are playing jackbox!!!!

I did 1080 last year and will do it again for sure. I was hoping to contribute wave race and harvest moon too, but those went quick. Ill cruise the world too if it doesnt get taken out early and maybe play around with exotica. Ive never put much time in on that. 

Been trying to get in as many NES games as I can with the list going so quick, but work is picking up like crazy. If someone beats me to those, I wont lose any sleep, but Ill need a NES break before long and Ill switch to 64 then. Tied up tomorrow with my son since I have a poker game all night, but thanks for the invite!

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

I did 1080 last year and will do it again for sure. I was hoping to contribute wave race and harvest moon too, but those went quick. Ill cruise the world too if it doesnt get taken out early and maybe play around with exotica. Ive never put much time in on that. 

Been trying to get in as many NES games as I can with the list going so quick, but work is picking up like crazy. If someone beats me to those, I wont lose any sleep, but Ill need a NES break before long and Ill switch to 64 then. Tied up tomorrow with my son since I have a poker game all night, but thanks for the invite!

shoot, i musta been busy with survivor and missed it, my bad.  

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

shoot, i musta been busy with survivor and missed it, my bad.  

No worries at all -I finished it a long time after I said I would do it. For the last race, you race against your hologram if you have already beat the game on that cart. Ive beat it so many times, that damn hologram was like a near perfect run. After losing to myself several times, I took the cart out of my CIB copy (only CIB 64 game I own) and ran through it quick. Kind of cheap, but a wins a win

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

No worries at all -I finished it a long time after I said I would do it. For the last race, you race against your hologram if you have already beat the game on that cart. Ive beat it so many times, that damn hologram was like a near perfect run. After losing to myself several times, I took the cart out of my CIB copy (only CIB 64 game I own) and ran through it quick. Kind of cheap, but a wins a win

whatever works, i remember u saying something bout buying another copy or something now that i think about it

51 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

The handling is terrible, though it finally seemed to click well enough with me today. Overall, not sure if I can recommend playing it long enough to get to that point. It was short enough, but frustrating to get used to and mediocre at best once I was used to it. The music, while not as good as the SNES games, was probably the best part.

38 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

If you are a racing guy, thank god, kuz we have needed one of those around here to help out 😉 Please do gods work with these!!!!!

Ha, I won't make any promises, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for racing games from this era, so I'll see what I can do.

But anyway, I didn't have to help my spouse prepare dinner tonight, so I managed to get some play time in. I was closer to the end than I thought, so Top Gear Rally is finished. Not sure what (or when) the next one will be just yet.

Top Gear Rally (U) [!]-210122-182502.png

• Like 4

Events Helper · Posted

Rampage universal tour starting shortly, i also have the rampage 2 coming my way from ebay!!!!!!

Also got A bug's life in today.  Why must i be addicted to the N64 so bad 😆.

@Tantalus I will help as much as I can with the racing games.  As you can see I got monster truck madness outta the way.  It was fun to a point.  The racing games like GT 64 are my downfall tho.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Maybe we should tell you if the points are fine or if they need updating when we post our finish of the game......What do you think guys????  Then @Splain can go ahead and write it up for next years thread......

Kinda like what I did with the monster truck madness one.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

37 boys, lets keep this going, i got a week off in february coming up, and i will keep doing quick ones until then.  When february rolls around i will see about knocking out a long one or two if i have any.  I think most of the ones i have that are longer are done tho.  Maybe february will be sports games i have, that should be super frustrating and require a week to knock out 😆

• Like 1

I tried out MRC today, but I'm playing on an emulator and that was a no go - a lot of textures were missing, making it virtually impossible to play. So I turned to another racing game I remember renting once - California Speed. At the time, I remember thinking it didn't do enough different from the Cruis'n games to be worth my time. It definitely feels like it is part of the same series, but it does have some unique track design elements - driving through malls and volcanoes, or on a roller coaster - that give it a little bit of personality. It only took about half an hour to race through the state, so it may be worth checking out for any Cruis'n fans.

1988945347_CaliforniaSpeed(U)!-210124-123154.png.a8eb1164654e430cffbabb6828cced02.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

37 boys, lets keep this going, i got a week off in february coming up, and i will keep doing quick ones until then.  When february rolls around i will see about knocking out a long one or two if i have any.  I think most of the ones i have that are longer are done tho.  Maybe february will be sports games i have, that should be super frustrating and require a week to knock out 😆

With my clear of California Speed, that's 38, but it looks like @LeatherRebel5150's clear of Mystical Ninja was missed, so we should be at 39, I think! How many more can we knock out this month yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

With my clear of California Speed, that's 38, but it looks like @LeatherRebel5150's clear of Mystical Ninja was missed, so we should be at 39, I think! How many more can we knock out this month yet?

I might get a few more in between work days, I will see what I can get knocked out.  I got the other rampage coming and got a bugs life in the other day.  I might do bugs life over the next day or 2 depending, but still gotta start sarge's hero's games.  Looks like we are on par for getting through a fair bit of library to get a buffer, lets try to not give up this year 😆.  I for one will do my damndest to get as many as i can knocked out as i get them and pull from my stock.

• Like 2