IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Administrator · Posted

Does anyone else wanna do Diddy Kong Racing? I usually play once a year for fun anyway since it's easily my favorite racing game, but I'm happy to see someone else take care of it for this thread if it means someone else gets to experience the joy of it.

I might do Pod Racer again.

Events Helper · Posted
18 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Does anyone else wanna do Diddy Kong Racing? I usually play once a year for fun anyway since it's easily my favorite racing game, but I'm happy to see someone else take care of it for this thread if it means someone else gets to experience the joy of it.

I might do Pod Racer again.

maybe at some point.  feel free to play it, I'm not gonna gun for it.

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 25/303
  • The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 26/303

You guys were talking about points and ways to change this thread up, earlier. I had an idea for the future. Since the N64 has an abundance of games that can take some time to beat vs older systems. What if adding points for the lengths of the game. Say for instance 1 point for games under 10hrs, 2pts  for games between 11-20hrs, etc. These points would be in addition to the current point system, The average times to beat each game are on HowLongtoBeat.com So that's easy enough to determine. What you think @Splain?

Editorials Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You guys were talking about points and ways to change this thread up, earlier. I had an idea for the future. Since the N64 has an abundance of games that can take some time to beat vs older systems. What if adding points for the lengths of the game. Say for instance 1 point for games under 10hrs, 2pts  for games between 11-20hrs, etc. These points would be in addition to the current point system, The average times to beat each game are on HowLongtoBeat.com So that's easy enough to determine. What you think @Splain?

Yeah this might be a good idea. I was thinking about this for the Game Boy thread as well. It might be time to do it like the NES thread does, where overall desirability to play the game determines the points, as determined in large part by the order the games are completed each year. So even if a game takes a few hours to complete, like Mario 64, we're never going to see a shortage of people who are willing to play it, so it can carry a similar point value to the Elmo games, which are short but boring. Games like Aidyn Chronicles and many sports titles should definitely be worth more, lol.

I should also look up winners and participants from previous years and put up stuff like all-time lists, to attach more bragging rights to the points.

Thoughts?

6 hours ago, Splain said:

Yeah this might be a good idea. I was thinking about this for the Game Boy thread as well. It might be time to do it like the NES thread does, where overall desirability to play the game determines the points, as determined in large part by the order the games are completed each year. So even if a game takes a few hours to complete, like Mario 64, we're never going to see a shortage of people who are willing to play it, so it can carry a similar point value to the Elmo games, which are short but boring. Games like Aidyn Chronicles and many sports titles should definitely be worth more, lol.

I should also look up winners and participants from previous years and put up stuff like all-time lists, to attach more bragging rights to the points.

Thoughts?

I like it. Should be easy for this thread to determine the top of the pops. Zelda, Mario, Pokémon Snap, 007, Banjo, Conker....annnnd thats it lol

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 29/303
Events Helper · Posted

when I get home and done with dinner imma do wetrix.  tomorrow I'm going to do a few wrasslin games as well.  WCW nwo prolly x's 2 and the other WCW ones if I can.  after that I shall prolly start working on some sports games.  we shall see how that goes......maybe we can hit 35 or so by months end and get ahead......anything passed what we have now is gravy for the month boys.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
On 1/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I think some of the points are good honestly, but maybe we can start a thread to hash it out on some that aren't so good.  I.E. 1 for goldeneye is perfect since u can do it on easy.  And lets be honest, if i would have played it more recently it would have taken me no time at all to do it vs. the hours i spent on it cuz i forgot what some of the tasks were.  Maybe do a thread in the n64 club and hash it out in there?  Might be worth doing for next year, keep it the way it is right now and go from there.  The army men games are pretty on point at 2-2.5 i  believe and buck bumble is a 3.5, might make it a 3......but like i said, we can hash it out in a diff. thread.

• Like 1