IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Ms. Pac Man is done

Its a surprisingly fun game and not very difficult. Basically a adventure puzzle game. Eating the dots is really kinda secondary if your just looking to play through levels. Bur in order to beat the game you have to get 42 stars to qualify for the end boss. Each main stage has 4 stars you can get the typical thing. Get all the fruit, get all the dots, high score, and time trial, each worth one star.

The story is kinda nice too. Typical evil witch wants to rule the world via X item/s that you must get before her. But not bad for a pac man game.

One thing that may annoy some people is that there is probably close to half the levels as the Playstation version. Only one bonus stage out of 4 I think, is on this version and a full 4 stages completely cut out as well.

No credits just an end scene

edit: i have to get the photos up somehow it keeps telling me there to big, i might have gone  above my upload limit. have to fix that

Edit 2: here they are

https://imgur.com/a/Jsimkwx

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 4

Events Helper · Posted
26 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Ms. Pac Man is done

Its a surprisingly fun game and not very difficult. Basically a adventure puzzle game. Eating the dots is really kinda secondary if your just looking to play through levels. Bur in order to beat the game you have to get 42 stars to qualify for the end boss. Each main stage has 4 stars you can get the typical thing. Get all the fruit, get all the dots, high score, and time trial, each worth one star.

The story is kinda nice too. Typical evil witch wants to rule the world via X item/s that you must get before her. But not bad for a pac man game.

One thing that may annoy some people is that there is probably close to half the levels as the Playstation version. Only one bonus stage out of 4 I think, is on this version and a full 4 stages completely cut out as well.

No credits just an end scene

edit: i have to get the photos up somehow it keeps telling me there to big, i might have gone  above my upload limit. have to fix that

damn lol, o well, that's what i get for not doing it in a timely manner 😉  Imgur, that is what I use, then u can copy link address and paste it here.  Its all free as well.

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, Aaron64 said:

What's considered a completion of Pokemon Stadium 2? Beating your rival? Unlocking round 2 and completing it? Beating all gym leaders and cups once?

is there anything that can get you a credit roll?  @Splain or anyone else who knows can you answer this amazing guys question who is knocking out games left and right?

40 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

is there anything that can get you a credit roll?  @Splain or anyone else who knows can you answer this amazing guys question who is knocking out games left and right?

After some searching it seems I have to beat the Rival for credit roll. Consider it done. Working on Pokemon Stadium 2 now. Afterwards I'll probably knock out a few more shorter games or knock out another long one like Aidyn Chronicles or Starcraft 64.

• Like 2

One more for me this month. Top Gear Overdrive is done. This game probably has the best track design of the Top Gear games on the N64. Too bad the actual driving is pretty rough. The faster cars seem to completely break the physics of the game occasionally - go over a jump too hard are rub into a guard rail and suddenly the car is falling through the track. This was also the era when racing games loved to use generic rock music, which has not aged well IMO. I played the game on mute because it was so ear-grating.

Despite all that, I didn't actually hate my time with it, but I'm also glad to be done with it. Also, apparently I unlocked a taco car for beating the game? I kind of miss the weirdness/quirkiness of the N64 era.

Top Gear Overdrive (USA)-210531-173546.png

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 182/303

It is good seeing another surge of games being finished. 

I have been taking a little break, as in Ogre Battle broke me. I don’t care for the mechanics and every mission has been taking 3+ hours to complete. No sir, I don’t like it. 

That and there are only a few other games that haven’t been completed that I could possible beat. I am terrible at sports games

1 hour ago, themisfit138 said:

It is good seeing another surge of games being finished. 

I have been taking a little break, as in Ogre Battle broke me. I don’t care for the mechanics and every mission has been taking 3+ hours to complete. No sir, I don’t like it. 

That and there are only a few other games that haven’t been completed that I could possible beat. I am terrible at sports games

I can complete sports games. I'll work on some now.

Edited by Aaron64

I decided to give Nagano another go. After a few failed attempts playing as Canada and scoring poorly with the American judges, I decided to see if there was some built-in bias by playing instead as the US. I still scored worse with the Americans than the other judges (so it wasn't that the developers hated Canadians, they just hate everyone who plays this poor excuse of a game), but I was able to piece together a (barely) good enough run to win the championship mode. There doesn't seem to be any sort of credit roll, but I assume that should be enough to count as beaten?

Nagano Winter Olympics '98 (USA)-210604-152246.png

• Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted
On 6/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, Tantalus said:

I decided to give Nagano another go. After a few failed attempts playing as Canada and scoring poorly with the American judges, I decided to see if there was some built-in bias by playing instead as the US. I still scored worse with the Americans than the other judges (so it wasn't that the developers hated Canadians, they just hate everyone who plays this poor excuse of a game), but I was able to piece together a (barely) good enough run to win the championship mode. There doesn't seem to be any sort of credit roll, but I assume that should be enough to count as beaten?

Yeah, that sure seems like a valid way to "beat" the game but there aren't credits. Nice job!

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 185/303
  • The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 189/303