IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Top Gear Hyper-Bike is done now too. Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but I still managed to have a decent time with it. The championship mode is broken down into 6 seasons. The first 5 were quite easy, but there was a definite difficulty spike for the final one. At least it was fairly short.

Top Gear Hyper-Bike (USA)-210510-201616.png

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 172/303

Finally put Battletanx Global Assault to bed. Started months ago. This is the only game Ive okayed that has given me headaches playing it. I think the constant jerky movements when getting hit and spinning around trying to find where it came from screws with my eyes. No credits at the end just end story

DFA2A6DA-32FE-453A-B3CE-AC464CF8F726.jpeg

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 175/303
Events Helper · Posted

as soon as this survivor game is over I plan on hitting this hardcore.  I have it on good faith we might be seeing stunt racer done this week as well, so let's hope we can rally.  we are over halfway already and nearing the mid year point.

I still have ms. pacman lined up as well as rugrats the movie game.....figure maybe I can knock them out semi quickly and then maybe jump on some sports games.....

**SPLAIN ALERT**

Stunt Racer 64 done!

IMG20210522151501.jpg.5f91697f59bff031fe91d44d8a104507.jpg

IMG20210522152851.jpg.416acf82e022b6d3881cc59e4460a96b.jpg

Very good game actually! The racing is awesome, the physics are nice and bouncy, the courses are all really well designed and the game is a decent challenge too, but not unfair.

Only real issue with the game is there aren't THAT many courses, even though all the ones that there are good. Also, the main impediment to progression is not having enough money to buy better vehicles, which means you need to farm a bunch replaying old races to get money. If they had come up with a better way to earn cash, that would have improved the game, but it was still fun!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

**SPLAIN ALERT**

Stunt Racer 64 done!

IMG20210522151501.jpg.5f91697f59bff031fe91d44d8a104507.jpg

IMG20210522152851.jpg.416acf82e022b6d3881cc59e4460a96b.jpg

Very good game actually! The racing is awesome, the physics are nice and bouncy, the courses are all really well designed and the game is a decent challenge too, but not unfair.

Only real issue with the game is there aren't THAT many courses, even though all the ones that there are good. Also, the main impediment to progression is not having enough money to buy better vehicles, which means you need to farm a bunch replaying old races to get money. If they had come up with a better way to earn cash, that would have improved the game, but it was still fun!

I really liked this game. But I find the “stunts” lackluster. I mean realistically I get it. They’re cars and the most they can do is rotate on an axis but... I don’t know, once you do a flip and a spin I get the feeling of “oh, thats all I can do.” 

45 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I really liked this game. But I find the “stunts” lackluster. I mean realistically I get it. They’re cars and the most they can do is rotate on an axis but... I don’t know, once you do a flip and a spin I get the feeling of “oh, thats all I can do.” 

Yeah true, that is also a very underutilized mechanic, as far as I could tell you didn't get a speed boost out of it or anything, just money. In fact, during a more serious race I found it best to avoid doing any stunts, in case I spun out on landing.

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 177/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Nice job!! I'm still slogging away at Mario Party and it's taking forever. In previous years I at least had a couple rounds where I'd get 8-9 stars from one game, and that hasn't happened yet, it's all 3-4 stars each. On the road to 100...

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 1:37 AM, Splain said:

Nice job!! I'm still slogging away at Mario Party and it's taking forever. In previous years I at least had a couple rounds where I'd get 8-9 stars from one game, and that hasn't happened yet, it's all 3-4 stars each. On the road to 100...

Good work Splainy Baby!

I was going to do Glover, seeing as I've never played that one before, but it was already done. 

Instead I am going to treat myself, to a game I have gone far too long without playing, Rayman 2! 🙂

Events Helper · Posted
16 minutes ago, Aaron64 said:

When does the master list of completed games get updated? I see posts in this thread of games being completed that aren't shown as completed on the master list.

If there are games beaten and not marked off the list, you do a little ping to splain like so:

**clears throat**  

@Splain  Game X has been beaten but not marked off the list!  Please update as soon as possible 😒.

I thought it was up to date myself, but if you see something call it out and let him know!  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

If there are games beaten and not marked off the list, you do a little ping to splain like so:

**clears throat**  

@Splain  Game X has been beaten but not marked off the list!  Please update as soon as possible 😒.

I thought it was up to date myself, but if you see something call it out and let him know!  😊

I saw someone posted that they completed Castlevania but it doesn't show as such on the master list.

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 179/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Welcome @Aaron64, thanks for knocking those games out! We've never had any official "dibs-calling" or running list of games that people are working on, but we could brainstorm a way for it to work. One problem I've seen is people who see the thread and say something like "I'll work on [popular game]" but then months go by, that person has disappeared, and nobody wants to be rude and do that game in the meantime. Or if someone swoops in and says they beat a game earlier in the year, should we keep that game un-beaten just because someone else is already playing it? What if they don't end up beating it before the year is over?

So everything is fair game until it's beaten, and we just "claim" them unofficially, so we can avoid SOME level of duplicated effort for those who keep up with the thread. For example I'm STILL working on Mario Party. lol. But if there's some way to do it that isn't overly complicated, we can discuss it and give it a shot.

And generally speaking, sometimes I go a couple days without checking the thread, like if I'm traveling or something. But if I've done an update and missed a game, definitely let me know about it. 👍

• Like 2