IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@Splain just out of curiosity, i looked through a video till i found credits.....looks like it is after just one playthrough with claire you get credits on Resident Evil 2 So hopefully I can at least do that 😉  The video is timestamped so it starts at the credits.  Just so you know.  I do look forward to going through this multiple times though.  Looks like a really fun game to explore seeing as how i never have done it before.

RE2 is one of my favorite games, but the N64 honestly doesn't do it justice. If you can stand to do so I'd suggest getting a playthrough in for this thread and then revisiting it later on PS1

That said, it IS impressive what they DID manage to do w/ the cartridge. Play both characters one way or the other.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 155/303
Events Helper · Posted
6 hours ago, Gloves said:

RE2 is one of my favorite games, but the N64 honestly doesn't do it justice. If you can stand to do so I'd suggest getting a playthrough in for this thread and then revisiting it later on PS1

That said, it IS impressive what they DID manage to do w/ the cartridge. Play both characters one way or the other.

I do have a ps2 slim....... 🤔

6 hours ago, Splain said:

@Jeevan nice, I guess there's no reason to make an exception for this game; a single playthrough is all that's required.

I for sure wanna play both campaigns bit for the beat them all I'll just have to explore it next year.  hopefully I can knock this out this week since it's just one playthrough 

OK guys, Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth is completed. I told you I was going to complete more games this year !

This is a decent shoot ‘em up for the Nintendo 64 that I particularly liked because of its rocking soundtrack (which reminds me of the Bomberman games, which makes sense, it being a Hudson Soft game) and very good graphics. However, it is a very short game, but that’s to be expected since it is a game of this genre. Fortunately, it has some hidden levels, kind of like StarFox 64.

I recommend this game, but I would have been unfortunately deceived by its short length if I bought it at its release.

D6B442A9-7552-465F-883D-54D97B4EDDB4.jpeg

9F64E8F0-35CA-4620-AD0A-D39B44D785D6.jpeg

F32B854E-CC20-4F2D-937F-350941E549A0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 156/303

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 is completed.

Obviously, if I remove my nostalgia glasses, this game has aged a lot. After playing many Tony Hawk games earlier this year on my Gamecube console, I can say that the N64 ones are mostly limited because of the controls. I may have an unpopular opinion here, and that is coming from someone who actually likes the Nintendo 64 controller.

The game’s controls eventually get better as you upgrade your stats, but honestly, going back to this entry on N64 made me realize how much better the Tony Hawk games were on the sixth generation of consoles. I can’t deny the major impact the Pro Skater games had on gaming and on general culture. For that, I’ll always respect this series and its debut. But, let’s be objective, it peaked (at least gameplay-wise) later.

21C9B326-437E-4976-B928-9D2DBD2CEC10.jpeg

58AF3F41-9C6F-4C63-9861-3695AFF66DE5.jpeg

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 158/303
  • The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 161/303
Events Helper · Posted
29 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Playing Snowboard Kids 2 now, so all you guys keep your dirty mitts off it till I'm done! 😉

dude, i got my copy last week!!!!  its pretty nice lookin too!!!!

im up to 227 games 😊  I bought indiana jones and the infernal machine and cruis'n exotica tonight, not counting those cuz they aint in hand yet

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

Working on Indy. It is going to be a long game for me. I am 6 levels in and each level is taking me a few hours to complete. Also, the boss fights are odd. 

never played it but just got a nice clean copy of it.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

nkhQ41R.jpg

@themisfit138  Here is my copy!  You can't see it but the label has something that looks like either a)  chili  or b) vomit on it.........

Let's hope its a 🤣  

Question to anyone of ya guys, what is the best way to clean a label without taking the color out of it?  I don't wanna damage it but would love to touch it up a bit.

40 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

nkhQ41R.jpg

@themisfit138  Here is my copy!  You can't see it but the label has something that looks like either a)  chili  or b) vomit on it.........

Let's hope its a 🤣  

Question to anyone of ya guys, what is the best way to clean a label without taking the color out of it?  I don't wanna damage it but would love to touch it up a bit.

Label looks pretty good. I had got lucky and found two good copies at a local gameXchange a few years back. Sold one of them to @OptOut.  

I have been cleaning the carts with damp paper towels. It has worked well so far. 

• Thanks 2

Events Helper · Posted
23 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

Label looks pretty good. I had got lucky and found two good copies at a local gameXchange a few years back. Sold one of them to @OptOut.  

I have been cleaning the carts with damp paper towels. It has worked well so far. 

surprisingly i found that on ebay, just needs a bit of tlc, ill try the damp paper towel unless anyone else has a good suggestion as well.  I hate to take anything to it really, but i dont like the 2 spots on the label.  It is very pretty tho besides those 2 spots.

• Like 1