IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Space Station Silicon Valley is a somewhat lengthy game. 

Aidyn could have been a ok game if not for the battle system. The battles are terrible. A typical battle has multiple enemies that always spawn on the opposite side of the battlefield. It usually takes longer to get within striking distance, than it does to defeat the enemy. To make it even better. There is a chance that the enemy will flee. In which event you will earn no xp. Wasting 15 plus minutes in the process.  

Speaking of lengthy sports games. I am getting close to finishing Milo’s Astro Lanes. 

Edited by themisfit138
  • Like 1

Yesterday I've started Armorines, which is another game from my youth that I never beat and I'm hoping to finish it this time around. But I feel like I've ruined my palate by playing Doom 64 and Hexen before Armorines, because this game just pales in comparison. So I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to beat it.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Yesterday I've started Armorines, which is another game from my youth that I never beat and I'm hoping to finish it this time around. But I feel like I've ruined my palate by playing Doom 64 and Hexen before Armorines, because this game just pales in comparison. So I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to beat it.

if u give up let me know I might try it out since I haven't played either of the other 2

It feels like it's been a while since I had anything to post on here. In part, because I haven't had much time with the N64 lately, and in part because I've bounced off of a few games. I tried Hydro Thunder, but seem to be missing something with it as I got stuck on the intermediate races for a while and ended up walking away from it. I also tried Nagano, which seems like it should be a relatively short playthrough for anyone who knows what they are doing with. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.

Anyway, I tried Ridge Racer 64 and after a couple of races to get back into the series' rather unique style of handling, I managed to get through it fairly quickly. I enjoyed my time with it.

Not sure what's next - it seems my personal backlog and the list of games left are starting to diverge a lot - but I'll see if I can at least get a start on another game for this month.

RR64 - Ridge Racer 64 (U) [!]-210317-170818.png

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 150/303
11 hours ago, Tantalus said:

I also tried Nagano, which seems like it should be a relatively short playthrough for anyone who knows what they are doing with. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.

I just picked Nagano up recently for cheap. Thought I would give it a go. I couldn’t figure out how to control any of the events. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 152/303

Well well well, look who's finally dealt up some goods... Me. @OptOut.

Shadowgate 64 is done!

IMG20210321171102.jpg.3a660fb9aaef21f2c43a2607cb380ecb.jpg

IMG20210321171211.jpg.c4562d6d7ee2f7e4c255055a17ea3176.jpg

I found myself pretty underwhelmed by the time I finished this, to be honest. I WAS having a good time, enjoying the atmosphere and the solid world design and graphics, pouring over the dusty old books and relics... then, out of nowhere, it was completely done and over with in mere moments after the big threat is finally revealed!

It's a slow, ponderous game, which is actually a GOOD thing for the most part because you can really get into the atmos and just soak it all up. Then, it ruins the slow build by just flat out ending abruptly. It has the pacing of a 40 hour epic, and I beat it in under 8, and I wasn't even rushing.

Story-boner dead, game over.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Events Helper · Posted

@Splain just out of curiosity, i looked through a video till i found credits.....looks like it is after just one playthrough with claire you get credits on Resident Evil 2 So hopefully I can at least do that 😉  The video is timestamped so it starts at the credits.  Just so you know.  I do look forward to going through this multiple times though.  Looks like a really fun game to explore seeing as how i never have done it before.