IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

7 hours ago, Elkovsky said:

Legendary Wings is done. Didn't get the ending pic in time—haven't beaten this one before, so I incorrectly assumed it would freeze on the final screen rather than starting another loop. I have a screenshot of me at the beginning of my second loop with close to a million points, so hopefully that's okay.

Just to make sure, one loop *is* enough for completion, right? If not, I can always take a second go at this tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it. Also, is anything different on subsequent loops? Increased difficulty? Multiple endings?

legendary-wings_2ndloop-start.jpg

There's no different ending after loop 1, so first loop is sufficient. The difficulty doesn't even increase. This is the kind of game that you could keep looping forever once you're good at it.

Events Helper · Posted

im prolly halfway on DW.  gonna sit and level while watching tetris for awhile, hoping to have it done before midnight tonight 😉  prolly sooner than that if i can get enough gold to get the silver shield first.  just got magic armor and will work on erdrick's armor next 

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, PII said:

Only gotta bust a cold Mil. and then some for the point record everybody. lol

I failed to break 1 mil at the weekly contest so I figured out just no deathing it wouldn't be enough for me so I went for the 1 mil points.

The Simpsons: Bart Vs. The World is 100% Complete.  Got all the Krusty treasures and did the extra 2 stages as well featuring a pic. of teenage Homer and numerous troublesome cameos from Itchy & Scratchy among other oddities.

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScaryD said:

Shadowgate beaten.

Congrats. I finally sat down with a walkthrough and beat that on 1/30. Thirty years ago I tried to play it and got nowhere. I can't imagine beating it without a walkthrough/guide. Some things are so convoluted. Glad I finally got it done though after 30 years.