IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

8 hours ago, WashYourFace said:

That's one that frustrates the hell out of me, because there's one level in the middle I can't make it past. I forget which one. Other people don't seem to have too much of a problem with it, though, so I must be doing something dumb. Other than that, it's not too bad. Good luck!

I only messed around on the first stages last night and it seems pretty chill for a flight sim game. I'll keep alert for that mid game mission though.

4 hours ago, scaryice said:

We're actually going to fall behind 2015, it seems, because that year we got to 600 on February 24th.

Looks like it's time to kick it into high gear folks. There's absolutely nothing on the list that I've ever beaten before (as has been the case for a while) but I'm going to try to take a crack at a few games this weekend, then possibly start working on one of the Bases Loaded games next week. Anyone have an opinion about which (2 or 4) is any easier/more fun? I'm not the best at Baseball games, but I have a lot of free time.

I just had something really weird happen to me while playing Thundercade. I've been trying to beat that one for the last three hours or so, because I constantly failed shortly before the finishing line. Then I finally gave the last shot to be boss and killed them, when a projectile from a randomly appearing helicopter hit me. For a moment I was crying out loud, but then I noticed that my victory still counted! I beat that boss on my last continue and last life and we both pretty much died at the same time, but it somehow still worked. I hope this still counts. If so, it would be my closest win this year.

Thundercade.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Khromak said:

Looks like it's time to kick it into high gear folks. There's absolutely nothing on the list that I've ever beaten before (as has been the case for a while) but I'm going to try to take a crack at a few games this weekend, then possibly start working on one of the Bases Loaded games next week. Anyone have an opinion about which (2 or 4) is any easier/more fun? I'm not the best at Baseball games, but I have a lot of free time.

I've made it to near the end of Kung Fu Heroes before but that game is just insanely hard. I finally gave up after two weeks of trying.

Edited by mbd39

I can probably get through Shadow of the Ninja without too much problem but it sounded like someone was already working on that.

I could burn a weekend now trying for Legacy of the Wizard or Destiny of an Emperor, though; they’re on my backlog anyways. If anyone’s currently going through either or planning to do so very soon, let me know and I’ll play the other.

3 minutes ago, MagusSmurf said:

I can probably get through Shadow of the Ninja without too much problem but it sounded like someone was already working on that.

I could burn a weekend now trying for Legacy of the Wizard or Destiny of an Emperor, though; they’re on my backlog anyways. If anyone’s currently going through either or planning to do so very soon, let me know and I’ll play the other.

I'm surprised Shadow is still there. I never beat it, but it is one I've played a lot over the years.

1 hour ago, Khromak said:

I found Bases Loaded 2 significantly easier than BL4. So many reloaded matches with 4.

8 hours ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

I only messed around on the first stages last night and it seems pretty chill for a flight sim game. I'll keep alert for that mid game mission though.

Ah, I looked back and the missions I have a hard time with are Octopus and Fort Scrag (I don't remember which of these I can't beat). But if you're able to do them, I might look to you for advice 😉

Just beat Addams Family. This one is so frustrating with its wonky hit detection, awful ice level and some really unfair and cheap level design.

Not sure, what or how much I can still contribute. We would have to beat more than 20 games or so until the 24th to beat the old record, which doesn't sound too bad, but when you're looking at what games are still left...

Addams Family.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2021 - 580/677
59 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I had thought about giving that one a try. There are very few games that I've played before still on the board.

Sorry, I didn't know that. Is there something else that you have your eyes on next? I thought about maybe giving Last Ninja another try, but I've been dreading and postponing it.

1 minute ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Sorry, I didn't know that. Is there something else that you have your eyes on next? I thought about maybe giving Last Ninja another try, but I've been dreading and postponing it.

No, you're good! I hadn't even started it. I may give Starship Hector a try, but it's insanely difficult from what I remember.  

On 2/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, WashYourFace said:

Ah, I looked back and the missions I have a hard time with are Octopus and Fort Scrag (I don't remember which of these I can't beat). But if you're able to do them, I might look to you for advice 😉

I just beat those stages and I'm on the area 6 levels now. Can definitely give some tips if you'd like. DM me anytime

• Wow! 1

29 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Making progress on Wizardry. I'm concerned about the whole age thing, it seems like you start declining once you hit age 50. I'm not near there yet, but it's a looming concern

If I recall correctly, you can just have your magic users stay at the inn for free to get their MP back and have your cleric heal everyone at the dungeon entrance.  By doing this, you won't have to worry about your characters aging from staying at the inn too much.

• Like 1