IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

Graphics Team · Posted
On 2/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, Gaia Gensouki said:

I just had something really weird happen to me while playing Thundercade. I've been trying to beat that one for the last three hours or so, because I constantly failed shortly before the finishing line. Then I finally gave the last shot to be boss and killed them, when a projectile from a randomly appearing helicopter hit me. For a moment I was crying out loud, but then I noticed that my victory still counted! I beat that boss on my last continue and last life and we both pretty much died at the same time, but it somehow still worked. I hope this still counts. If so, it would be my closest win this year.

Haha that's awesome! Happened to me on Mega Man 2 once - way cooler than a standard completion.

-CasualCart

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2021 - 583/677
Events Helper · Posted
4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Side Pocket is finally done. Got busy and side tracked a few times, mostly by @Jeevanthreads, but its done. That game is hard as shit, but so much fun once you git guud. Im actually going to miss playing pool a little bit each night. I will be buying the snes version quickly

20210221_225024.jpg

vitual pool 64 needs worked on lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Been plugging away at Ultimate Air Combat. I'm on the very final mission now. Hopefully have some time tomorrow to finish it off otherwise Wednesday for sure.

I found it easiest to sneak up on El Chapo's (or whatever his name is) mansion, stay low, and jizz on it with the machine gun in the helicopter. That's actually the best way to handle a lot of the later missions

• Sad 1

I started working on Krusty's Fun House today, will probably beat it later today or tomorrow. I tried out a bunch of other games in the list and...wow some of them are really rough.

After this I'll probably jump right into Bases Loaded 2, so this will be my last for the rush to 600. Looks like we're going to fall behind 2015, but considering the number of participants, I think we're doing just fine!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm playing black bass. It's been a few years since I last played it. I remember I caught the biggest friggin fish last time and posted the picture on the gaming site that shall remain unnamed. It was like the biggest fish in the history of the game. Bigger than any other I've seen caught on youtube. Fucks sake, I can't remember how many pounds it was. The strategy is hook em as close to the boat as you can or trap them behind a rock or some obstacle so they can't swim away and make you run out of line. Then wear the fish out and reel em in. 

1 hour ago, BriGuy82 said:

I'm playing black bass. It's been a few years since I last played it. I remember I caught the biggest friggin fish last time and posted the picture on the gaming site that shall remain unnamed. It was like the biggest fish in the history of the game. Bigger than any other I've seen caught on youtube. Fucks sake, I can't remember how many pounds it was. The strategy is hook em as close to the boat as you can or trap them behind a rock or some obstacle so they can't swim away and make you run out of line. Then wear the fish out and reel em in. 

Black Bass is one of the games I tried in the past week. I read a guide on Gamefaqs and was thinking it shouldn't be too bad once I get the hang of it.

Probably spent 10 minutes trying to play it and didn't get a single fish on my line, then decided I was done with that one. 😄

2 hours ago, Khromak said:

Black Bass is one of the games I tried in the past week. I read a guide on Gamefaqs and was thinking it shouldn't be too bad once I get the hang of it.

Probably spent 10 minutes trying to play it and didn't get a single fish on my line, then decided I was done with that one. 😄

It's one of my favorite games only because I owned it as a kid. I can't even tell you how many hours I sunk into this game growing up. Catching the "super bass" can be a little tough. My strategy is to immediately hold down A until they hit that 1st fatigue level, even if the line is about to snap, you have to get that fish fatigued. If it does snap, then oh well, you weren't gonna catch it anyway. Then tap A like 1,2 with little pauses in between. If you don't get them to that initial fatigue immediately after you hook them, you are pretty much fucked.  There are certain spots on the lakes where you can get a natural barricade from having them run off which can help too.

2 hours ago, Khromak said:

On that 1st lake there is a little island. You just need to move your boat to the left of the island, in between the island and the shore. That is the best bass spot. The water should be brown with grass on the edges. On the menu screen if you select the info it should say that it is a nice bass point. The bass are only the 2 smallest sizes of fish you can catch there. Anything bigger is not a bass and doesn't help your standing and is a waste of time. If you catch 5 or more of them there you can move onto the next lake. 

3 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

I think it was either 26 or 28 pounds. 

I didn't save the pictures, but it looks like it was 24?

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:41:57 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Profile  ¤ Send PM
That 24 pounder felt good.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2021 - 584/677

Beat Ultimate Air Combat. The cockpit parts are kinda lame, but I actually liked the isometric missions. The planes loadouts being super different and them all having different specialties was surprisingly good. I don't think I've ever played such a pro US military propaganda game before though. The "story" definitely wouldn't fly today. 

Ultimate Air Combat - Ending.JPG

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Those are two nice clears today. What's next for y'all? Which games are left on the board for @Crabmaster2000 that overlap with his personal quest to beat 'em all? Khromak, are you on to Bases Loaded II next? That's a big one to take for the team. Were you still trying at Tom & Jerry?

I got to the twin gunmen right before Butch Cavendish at the end of Lone Ranger, but came up short tonight. I hope to finish this one the next time I have time to play.

16 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

What's next for y'all? Which games are left on the board for @Crabmaster2000 Khromak, are you on to Bases Loaded II next? That's a big one to take for the team. Were you still trying at tom and jerry?

@KhromakThat is a real commitment to take on in BL2. I cant remember if I wrote just a bunch of criticism for that game or left some strategy stuff in last year's thread. You def dont need my advice, but may be an entertaining read. I recommend doing it as a side project to whatever else you want to play. Play maybe 3-5 games of baseball after you ware out on whatever. You can do it half alseep watching tv and I found it just the right amount of engaging for that time of day

Edited by NESfiend

32 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Those are two nice clears today. What's next for y'all? Which games are left on the board for @Crabmaster2000 that overlap with his personal quest to beat 'em all? Khromak, are you on to Bases Loaded II next? That's a big one to take for the team. Were you still trying at Tom & Jerry?

I got to the twin gunmen right before Butch Cavendish at the end of Lone Ranger, but came up short tonight. I hope to finish this one the next time I have time to play.

I played T&J for a little bit but wasn't feeling it, especially considering the limited lives/continues. I may go back to it at some point and try to grind through it, but for right now I'm not up to it.

I have already put BL2 into my NES and will get started on it soon (maybe tonight?) and see how it goes. I have very little experience with Baseball games in general, but provided it's not too difficult I'll just slog through it slowly.

As to @NESfiend's advice, I may pick up another game to play alongside it so I don't get too bored, but I'm not sure what else I'd want to take on at this point (from the list anyway). I've considered Bill & Ted since it's something I want to beat at least theoretically, but it's a pretty long game. I guess since it has passwords I can chip away at it.

• Like 1