IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

41 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Any tips on fighting the final boss? I've been stuck on that boss for a few days now.

Sure.  The most important thing is to avoid Noiram when she re-materializes.  There's 2 ways that I know of to accomplish this.  The easier method is to time your walk up or down after she disappears.  This is easiest with Chin and most difficult with Ranzou due to Chin being slow and Ranzou fast.  The other is to time a lateral jump so that you're in the air moving away from her when she shows up again.  In this case it's easier with Ranzous more substanial jumping ability and most difficult with chin's belly flop, Bimmy/Jimmy's flip being somewhere in the middle.  Don't ever walk toward her from any significant distance or she'll Jedi-Float your ass in a twitch.  Use Chin's Claw and Billy's Nunchucks.  Ranzou's Stars are a waste of time here but his sword is the most effective way to actually land hits on her even though chin's punches are stronger.  Jump kicks can work but are best avoided.  I don't think I've ever even attempted to use the whirlwind kick or Chin's double kick on her.  And don't give up, she's a bit of an endurance round.

11 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Accidentally double-posted, so I'll just delete the second one and take a second to say Hey @PII... you are killing it today! I haven't been out of first place in three years, but I won't be catching you today.

Thanks!  I took a good long look at your early work in 2020 for some inspiration.  Considering the sort of monster gamers you and the rest of the top dogs were last year its an honor to hold onto the top spot for any kind of time. lol.

11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Le Sigh

You can have it even tho Im getting close....... @Daniel_Doyce

Edit:  Day wasted...... lol, i would have played it anyway this year, i play it yearly.

My guess is he is just screwing with you. Dont kill your progress. Daniel would be the last person to snipe someone. None of the thread regulars do that, but dd is especially cool. He either didnt see you posted a plan to play it or hes just kidding around

• Confused 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

My guess is he is just screwing with you. Dont kill your progress. Daniel would be the last person to snipe someone. None of the thread regulars do that, but dd is especially cool. He either didnt see you posted a plan to play it or hes just kidding around

too late, killed the rom and didn't save since the first time.......

Spoiler

Just kidding, but let me know, im like within striking distance

21 minutes ago, PII said:

Sure.  The most important thing is to avoid Noiram when she re-materializes.  There's 2 ways that I know of to accomplish this.  The easier method is to time your walk up or down after she disappears.  This is easiest with Chin and most difficult with Ranzou due to Chin being slow and Ranzou fast.  The other is to time a lateral jump so that you're in the air moving away from her when she shows up again.  In this case it's easier with Ranzous more substanial jumping ability and most difficult with chin's belly flop, Bimmy/Jimmy's flip being somewhere in the middle.  Don't ever walk toward her from any significant distance or she'll Jedi-Float your ass in a twitch.  Use Chin's Claw and Billy's Nunchucks.  Ranzou's Stars are a waste of time here but his sword is the most effective way to actually land hits on her even though chin's punches are stronger.  Jump kicks can work but are best avoided.  I don't think I've ever even attempted to use the whirlwind kick or Chin's double kick on her.  And don't give up, she's a bit of an endurance round.

Thanks!

I found one spot where Ranzou's ninja stars come in handy. On those enemies you first encounter as soon as you enter the pyramid. I just unload all the stars at the beginning of the fight.

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

16 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Le Sigh

You can have it even tho Im getting close....... @Daniel_Doyce

Edit:  Day wasted...... lol, i would have played it anyway this year, i play it yearly.

Oh C'mon @Jeevan we're just busting your balls. It's all yours buddy!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing has fallen.
It is so much worse than the SNES version. It is icky!

image.png.7b87a95138d86c656a05682445af3912.png

This is pretty surreal to see on Jan 1 when I spent the last several months wondering if that would be the one we didnt get. Thats a monster off the list day 1. Im sure it was zero fun, so thanks from all of us. 

Ive been travelling most of the day. Going to get the nes hooked up and going before long. 

8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I found one spot where Ranzou's ninja stars come in handy. On those enemies you first encounter as soon as you enter the pyramid. I just unload all the stars at the beginning of the fight.

Same here, makes that spot work so much easier, sometimes I'll use 'em on the level 4 boss as well, if the other two guys are weakened.

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Oh C'mon @Jeevan we're just busting your balls. It's all yours buddy!

My balls have been busted.....All over the dragonlord and then the princess

Thanks for letting me do this guys, and I will contribute more later when I get some backlog done!!!!

Also, pics coming, but I gotta figure out how to use imgur now 😒

hey @Gloves I did it buddy!!!!!!!!

xSquBwl.jpg eyAr9Lp.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2