IGNORED

just found out about this site, is there an overlord?

No, there is not an "evil overlord" here.  That is a system that we DID NOT want to emulate from NA.   

Gloves is skilled in web design so he did a lot of the initial heavy lifting in getting the site launched, however major site decisions are made via committee.   

We are handling former banned users from NA on a case by case basis.  If they are a known scammer, we would be foolish to welcome them back.  If they were a little annoying, then we would be more inclined to give them another shot.  We aren't out recruiting those guys though! 😉  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I like the new site here, very easy to navigate so far. So, what is going to happen to the threads from na? Are they getting wiped and starting fresh there? I've got some rare finds and such posted there I'd like to be able to access... It'd be a shame for everyone's information that's been catalogued to just disappear.

Edited by Wickedwonka

15 hours ago, B.A. said:

No, there is not an "evil overlord" here.  That is a system that we DID NOT want to emulate from NA.   

Gloves is skilled in web design so he did a lot of the initial heavy lifting in getting the site launched, however major site decisions are made via committee.   

We are handling former banned users from NA on a case by case basis.  If they are a known scammer, we would be foolish to welcome them back.  If they were a little annoying, then we would be more inclined to give them another shot.  We aren't out recruiting those guys though! 😉  

There might be a fellowship but some *one* still has to carry the ring.  So, in this context, who's paying the bills?  I had assumed it was Gloves.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're keeping this as community driven as possible.

7 minutes ago, RH said:

There might be a fellowship but some *one* still has to carry the ring.  So, in this context, who's paying the bills?  I had assumed it was Gloves.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're keeping this as community driven as possible.

Those don't necessarily go hand in hand. No one is paying the bill out of pocket, the costs are funded by donations. Any number of people could hit the "send payment" button.