IGNORED

Bah humbug - the crooks are out there!

Tabonga

^ I put the laugh to be clear, that someones going to get f'd in the a if she's to her word and checks the feed.  Dude is going down and deserves it as credit card fraud is no joke.  I get fed up with the pings, but I have a low low level set on a warning meter as I've got this life lock account setup some years now as a gift from my parents.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

^ I put the laugh to be clear, that someones going to get f'd in the a if she's to her word and checks the feed.  Dude is going down and deserves it as credit card fraud is no joke.  I get fed up with the pings, but I have a low low level set on a warning meter as I've got this life lock account setup some years now as a gift from my parents.

I am willing to bet that mine was not the only card number snagged that day,  My guess is that if they can prove enough and check the cards used against the video MvDucks might be able to get the PD to actually get on the guys case big time.

I am just really glad the credit card company had protocols in place which caught this pronto.  And that the way that I use that particular card doesn't leave much doubt as to what happened.

10 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

You seem to be under the impression that all people who use a card spend what they don't have.  That might be true for many, but it isn't true for all.  Some people use a card simply because it's cheaper then using cash.  

I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm talking about the billion people that use them, it adds to our inflation problem. You're part of that billion.

5 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Someone told me I could get stuff without ever paying for it, if I had a credit card? Is that true? Been wanting a few higher dollar games that i can’t really afford, and I really don’t want to have to quit drinking. 

True. You could also use it to drink more without ever paying the bill!

• Haha 1

A couple of updates.

The lady from McDonalds said she looked at the recording and said they were not extending the credit card reader like they were supposed to for anyone.  My guess is that was because it was pretty cold out and they didn't want to sit in the draft.  

She said there was no evidence they were writing down numbers or otherwise recording the number.  So it must have been at an earlier drive thru and for whatever reason they sat on the number until the 23rd (actually 22nd - see below) - I always had heard they used stolen numbers  as soon as possible before the fraud was discovered and the card shut down.

I got my statement today from the credit card company and there was a charge in California for a Lyft ride for $13.06.  I called in and reported it so they took it off.  That should put paid to it as the card is now deactivated and there are no more charges on it.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 12/23/2020 at 11:11 AM, Code Monkey said:

Translation: other people will do it if I don't so I choose to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

It's not happening regardless of what you do, it's happening because of what you do.

I'm not really following your logic, but people who are smart use a credit card like they would a debit card.  One that gives rewards.

We've never paid a penny in fees or interest.  We've earned rewards in the five digits.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm not really following your logic, but people who are smart use a credit card like they would a debit card.  One that gives rewards.

We've never paid a penny in fees or interest.  We've earned rewards in the five digits.

Code just keeps a wad in his front pocket. 

Or maybe he's just happy to see me.... 

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I didn't reply to a bunch of previous messages because I didn't want to take over the thread but the flaw in your logic here is that you're only concerned about your outcome. I'm concerned about the outcome of us as a society.

I know me using cash doesn't directly benefit me in any way and using a credit card would be better for me personally but in using plastic as payment, you're contributing to the problem of devaluing physical currency in general and that's a problem for everyone, not just you.

If you have $5000 in the bank, do you want that to be worth $5000 or do  you want it to be worth $4000? The numbers printed on the face of the bill are irrelevant when it's measured against other currencies, the value of your dollar is mutually exclusive from the dollar itself. It's simple economics.

4 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Code just keeps a wad in his front pocket. 

Or maybe he's just happy to see me.... 

He’s right irregardless. Plastic money sucks a fat wad. I’ve been balls deep in books aboot the different gold rushes.  People would literally pay in gold for all their shit. We need to get back to that. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I didn't reply to a bunch of previous messages because I didn't want to take over the thread but the flaw in your logic here is that you're only concerned about your outcome. I'm concerned about the outcome of us as a society.

I know me using cash doesn't directly benefit me in any way and using a credit card would be better for me personally but in using plastic as payment, you're contributing to the problem of devaluing physical currency in general and that's a problem for everyone, not just you.

If you have $5000 in the bank, do you want that to be worth $5000 or do  you want it to be worth $4000? The numbers printed on the face of the bill are irrelevant when it's measured against other currencies, the value of your dollar is mutually exclusive from the dollar itself. It's simple economics.

Got it.  I should be a financial martyr instead of doing what's best for my family.  I'm sure the wife would love that.

• Haha 2