IGNORED

Forthcoming Games You're Looking Forward To

I think I'm the least plugged into modern releases as I've been in my entire life. Full Quiet on NES is the homebrew I'm most looking forward to and Path of Exile 2 will likely draw me back into POE.

And whatever the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid is. I'm not even up to date enough to know that. Is Metroid Prime 4 or BOTW2 coming first?

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You're confusing two different games

Yeah, you're probably confusing Breath of the Wild 2 with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Age of Calamity is not only technically a spinoff, since it's part of the Hyrule Warriors franchise and not the mainline Zelda franchise, but it also acts as a prequel to Breath of the Wild, not a sequel.

19 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, you're probably confusing Breath of the Wild 2 with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Age of Calamity is not only technically a spinoff, since it's part of the Hyrule Warriors franchise and not the mainline Zelda franchise, but it also acts as a prequel to Breath of the Wild, not a sequel.

You play as Link, you run around Hyrule and you kill monsters. How is this not part of the Legend Of Zelda series?

I actually didn't realize it was a different game, I thought this is what everyone was talking about. 

I'm pretty bad at keeping up on future stuff seeing I didn't do so well this year playing the current and more recent months giving backward into Game Boy.

For Switch though I'd be all over :

- Breath of the Wild 2
- Super Mario 3D World (another happy nail in the WiiU coffin)
- Anything Dragon Quest if it hits Switch/Steam over the anniversary
- Everspace 2 as the first is awesome
- Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection
- Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (maybe)
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX
- Shin Megami Tensei V (maybe)

I still have outstanding from LRG's purgatory:
- Doom 64
- Shantae (GBC)
- Grandia HD collection

Beyond that I don't know as I don't pay a lot of attention as it's hard to get time to really dedicate to stuff.  If I had the will to though I'd have picked up Trials of Mana, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Civilization 6 to name three.

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You play as Link, you run around Hyrule and you kill monsters. How is this not part of the Legend Of Zelda series?

I actually didn't realize it was a different game, I thought this is what everyone was talking about. 

Because the gameplay is completely different from a traditional Zelda game, the Hyrule Warrior games are hack and slash games. And besides, I never said it wasn't a Zelda game, just that it's not part of the mainline series, therefore it is, in fact, technically a spin off.

3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Because the gameplay is completely different from a traditional Zelda game, the Hyrule Warrior games are hack and slash games. And besides, I never said it wasn't a Zelda game, just that it's not part of the mainline series, therefore it is, in fact, technically a spin off.

I hack and slash in every Zelda game I've ever played. I don't get it.

Events Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I hack and slash in every Zelda game I've ever played. I don't get it.

d12325be239ba245dd270b42b8320dbc.gif

eab8c04f59715a479ca44ed1f48a9436.gif

Notice the difference? 😛

In the main Zelda games, you'll usually only fight, at most, maybe 6 enemies at the same time, or maybe a dozen or so smaller enemies, but usually less than either of those numbers. In Hyrule Warriors, you're constantly fighting dozens or hundreds of small fodder enemies, with the occasional bigger enemy or boss mixed in. Plus, in Hyrule Warriors, important parts of Zelda gameplay such as dungeons are absent if memory serves, since the focus is on the hack and slash gameplay, whereas the focus of most of the Zelda games is on the exploration and puzzle solving.

There's a very fine line between playing games like Zelda in a sort of hack and slash, aggressive manner, and games that are actually in the hack and slash genre. You're just gonna have to trust me that the gameplay of Hyrule Warriors is different enough to consider it a spin-off, haha

Edited by ZeldaFreak

• 5 months later...

Man, how numb do you have to be to not be impressed by that trailer? 😄 

No, seriously though, I'd like to know what you'd have expected/wanted from the game that wasn't shown in this?

There are a couple of "red flags" with the game for me (not really visible in the trailer, but revealed via interviews), but for now I'll trust From Software knows well how to handle those. They haven't let me down yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sumez said:

Man, how numb do you have to be to not be impressed by that trailer? 😄 

No, seriously though, I'd like to know what you'd have expected/wanted from the game that wasn't shown in this?

There are a couple of "red flags" with the game for me (not really visible in the trailer, but revealed via interviews), but for now I'll trust From Software knows well how to handle those. They haven't let me down yet.

Looks like a rehash of Dark Souls. Of course, it might end up being amazing, but for whatever reason this trailer didn't do it for me. I think the bosses looked dull - granted we didn't see many of them but they reminded me of those DS3 enemies with the snakes... and of course the whole DS vibe only this time they call you "tarnished one" in an "unending curse" ...YAWN, how exciting.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:04 PM, avatar! said:

I really was not particularly impressed by this trailer, but we'll see...

Looks amazing! You must be drunk.

Can’t wait for more souls like games. Who cares if it’s like their other stuff? If we can play a billion different variations of Mario I think we can do the same with soulslike games. 

41 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Looks amazing! You must be drunk.

Can’t wait for more souls like games. Who cares if it’s like their other stuff? If we can play a billion different variations of Mario I think we can do the same with soulslike games. 

I played through DS3 and definitely found it repetitive and dull by the end. I actually found DS2 to be the best of the three, and Bloodborne my favorite of the entire series. Also Demon's Souls is of course amazing too. I was intrigued by the Elden Ring trailer, but this new trailer just left me feeling... hollow 😄

Dark Souls Nerd GIF

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I played through DS3 and definitely found it repetitive and dull by the end. I actually found DS2 to be the best of the three, and Bloodborne my favorite of the entire series. Also Demon's Souls is of course amazing too. I was intrigued by the Elden Ring trailer, but this new trailer just left me feeling... hollow 😄

Dark Souls Nerd GIF

Same here. When I got my first PS4 I ended up picking games that my friends wanted me to play. Bloodborne turned out to be a fun title, even though getting through the parts I explored were tough prior to me grinding. Which I did in a precise manner. I never finished it, however, as I ended up selling my second PS4 prior to taking a break from gaming.

But DS3? The only thing about that game I did like was the hub. I ended up beating it with friends, but the story was so cliché and boring that I literally laid down while they fought one of the bosses for me. 🤣 With this game making me feel like I am going to miss nothing if I choose to not play it. 😅

As for my list... I have to admit that it is not that big. And *EDIT* having it confirm that Dragon Quest XII will get a worldwide release... With changes that sound like it might not have any ties to the Roto/Erdrick series... I have shaved it down to just one game.

Dragon Quest X Offline

In the end I have the Wii release because it still has its offline mode (when your character is still a human). But I want to play that story with hopes of getting more. And maybe have sone fun trying out Dragon Quest Treasures, XII, and anything else they plop here. 🍺

Edited by FenrirZero