IGNORED

What's the deal with Paprium?

matthughson

Here's a funny anecdote.  When they first started taking money from people as gems to fund the project they made it so people could vote for the kind of stuff they wanted in the game.  A lot of people invested a significant amount of money for there to be guns in the game.  When the first preview shots started being shown people started asking about the guns in the game, and WM came out and said they weren't putting them in but had come up with something better instead.  I remember this from the original thread on Sega16.

Now that the game is out there are still no guns, but watching play-throughs of the game I do see a lot of drug abuse as power ups.  lol.  I'm guessing this is what they replaced the guns with. 

It's pretty hard to put guns in a brawler without destroying the gameplay balance.
But then again, if you can just jump kick your way through the entire game, I guess that's not something the developers really considered. 😛

Also, The Punisher (the arcade game, not the crummy MegaDrive port) does guns perfectly well I guess 😄 

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
On 2/27/2021 at 12:48 AM, CMR said:

Here's a funny anecdote.  When they first started taking money from people as gems to fund the project they made it so people could vote for the kind of stuff they wanted in the game.  A lot of people invested a significant amount of money for there to be guns in the game.  When the first preview shots started being shown people started asking about the guns in the game, and WM came out and said they weren't putting them in but had come up with something better instead.  I remember this from the original thread on Sega16.

Now that the game is out there are still no guns, but watching play-throughs of the game I do see a lot of drug abuse as power ups.  lol.  I'm guessing this is what they replaced the guns with. 

[Insert joke about shooting up]