IGNORED

How are Nintendo Switch Games shipped to USA from factories in Asia?

Vidarr2000

I'm in the process of buying a case of switch games from a distributor, and they mention that a factory shipment box/case of switch games come with 30 games.  However, other sources have told me that factory boxes come with 24 games and others come with 35 games.  Is there a set standard for how many games come in a factory shipment?  Also, does anyone have any photos of what these factory shipment (or "Master Cases") look like?  As of now, I don't know what to expect, and it would be nice to know what these cases hold and what they are supposed to look like.  It seems that there aren't really any sources online that describe how Switch games are shipped.

Were you the one looking for a case of Mario 3D All-stars?  I'm interested in seeing the case.  I don't think I've known anyone actively looking for something like this for a modern console, much less a game that's still available in stores.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking to bulk buy this?  Investment?

1 hour ago, RH said:

Were you the one looking for a case of Mario 3D All-stars?  I'm interested in seeing the case.  I don't think I've known anyone actively looking for something like this for a modern console, much less a game that's still available in stores.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking to bulk buy this?  Investment?

Yes, that's me.  I'm doing this as a long term gamble that those games will become valuable sometime in the future (not the near future), especially since they will cease production in March 2021.  I will likely buy 2 or 3 factory boxes, and try to have the games in 1 box graded via WATA or VGA (hopefully getting a perfect 10).  The other 2 boxes I will stash away and forget about them until maybe 20 years later.  It's somewhat of a pricey experiment, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.  If I can do this with 3D All Stars, then I will likely do the same next year if/when the Zelda Anniversary collection is released.  I really like seeing these factory boxes of Nintendo 64 games surface on eBay - having been stored away for over 20 years until now.  It's fascinating.  So I want to tap into that mystique with Switch games down the road.  

Edited by Vidarr2000

4 hours ago, Vidarr2000 said:

I'm in the process of buying a case of switch games from a distributor, and they mention that a factory shipment box/case of switch games come with 30 games.  However, other sources have told me that factory boxes come with 24 games and others come with 35 games.  Is there a set standard for how many games come in a factory shipment?  Also, does anyone have any photos of what these factory shipment (or "Master Cases") look like?  As of now, I don't know what to expect, and it would be nice to know what these cases hold and what they are supposed to look like.  It seems that there aren't really any sources online that describe how Switch games are shipped.

Well, on LRG site for non limited releases it specifically says that you can buy in multiples of 30 and get sent in a sealed factory box, so there is that to support the 30 to a case.

32 minutes ago, Vidarr2000 said:

Can you please post a link to where it states this?  Very interesting.

Seems like the newer releases dont have this case shipping, but here is an older release with the quote.  

Ive read this on a lot of their switch releases in the past!

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-46-duck-game-preorder

“There is no limit on this item. Orders of 30 copies (or multiples of 30) will ship in factory sealed case packs.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vidarr2000 said:

It sounds like you've found a seller then? Or still looking?

switch carton boxes all over the place near the game shops i go to, i see them all the time on the floor near rubbish bins with dirt and food/drink liquids dripping on them. and all those i saw being opened by shop guys were never sealed

i will wear sunglasses and a wig, and start picking all of them up for "recycling" like they say 😉

• 1 month later...

It probably depends on the point of distribution. I’m sure most all switch games get made in Japan. Most get distributed as is. But then some probably get opened and repackaged.

Just thinking of a few examples, cave story had a Gamestop distributed version that came with a cd and a keychain inside the game case. The game was not cellophane wrapped, it was resealed in shrink wrap by the distributor. 

I’ve seen Capcom games resealed by the distributor as well. Maybe these games are repackaged into cartons in a different quantity