IGNORED

Console By Genre Debate #3: <WILDCARD> Which console from the 7th generation had the best exclusive titles?

SilverspoonGaming

7th Generation Console Releases  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Console By Genre Debate #3: <WILDCARD> Which console from the 7th generation had the best exclusive titles?

• Microsoft Xbox360
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Mattel Hyperscan

Platform exclusivity (also known as console exclusivity) refers to the status of a video game being developed for and released only on certain platforms. Most commonly, it refers to only being released on a specific video game console or through a specific vendor's platforms—either permanently, or for a definite period of time. -Wikipedia

7th Generation Consoles:

1. Microsoft Xbox360
  2. Sony Playstation 3
  3. Nintendo Wii
  4. Mattel Hyperscan

I know that an exclusive is not a genre, but I feel that I screwed the pooch with last weeks debate, so I am trying to make up for it by using an amazing topic.

Edited by SilverspoonGaming
Added an explaination.
  • Like 1

Sadly I was such a Sony fanboy at the time that I didn’t give the 360 a fair shake most of the time, and it just collected dust most of the time.  I feel like the PS3 should finish in third behind the Xbox and the Wii with juggernauts like Halo, Mario, and Zelda out there, but the PS3 had some bangers too.

I feel that Xbox and Wii had the huge hitters, but outside of those, it was a little limited, where the PS3 had so many quality exclusives like Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted, and many others, I believe that it stands above the others.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

What I've actually played

PS3:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 1-3
God of War 3
The Last of Us
Resistance 1,2
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Various HD collections

360:
Shadow Complex
Alan Wake
Gears 1-3
Halo 3
Fable 2, 3
Geometry Wars 1-2
Condemned
Crackdown 1
Various XBLA games

It's actually a closer call than I initially thought.

Games I loved: Shadow Complex, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls
Games I really liked: Valkyria Chronicles, Geometry Wars 1-2, Alan Wake, Uncharted 2-3, The Last of Us, God of War 3
Games that were pretty good: Metal Gear Solid 4, Crackdown, Condemned, Gears 1-3, Fable 2-3, Heavy Rain
Games that were okay: Resistance 1-2, Killzone 2, Halo 3, Uncharted

Going by that, I think I have to give the PS3 the slight edge.  Even if I prefer the 360 overall.

Never owned a Wii.  Can't imagine I'd have picked that anyways.

• Like 2

Probably the Wii, as much as I didn't like the console. Nintendo almost always wins in the exclusives department for me. PS3 was my overall favorite that generation, unless you include handhelds, in that case the DS. 

But for the sake of the pool, I'm going to go with the Wii for games like Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1&2, Excite Truck, Endless Ocean, Options, Elebits, Kirby's Epic Yarn, DKC Returns and a bunch more I'm forgetting. The system has a lot of garbage on it. But it doesn't discount the fact that the first party games were still top notch. A lot of the games have been rereleased since then though. 

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
50 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

BUMP

I thought that this debate would be a huge hit.  I wanna bump it before my next entry comes out on Sunday.

Sometimes they bomb.  Even when you think they won't

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/4074-movie-debate-22-heat

• 5 weeks later...