IGNORED

Console Debate #7: Pong

fox

How do you rate Pong?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Pong?

• 10/10 GOAT. Greatest console of all time.
    • 9/10 Bad@$$. One of the best.
    • 8/10 Exceptional. Everyone should play it.
    • 7/10 Superior. More than a few games you like.
    • 6/10 Good. You might occasionally enjoy playing it.
    • 5/10 Average. Smack dab in the middle.
    • 4/10 Mediocre. Not something you will go out of your way to play.
    • 3/10 Inferior. There are better alternatives to this.
    • 2/10 Poor. Barely worth turning on.
    • 1/10 Trash. No redeeming features.
    • Haven’t played, but interested.
    • No interest in it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2021 at 08:59 PM

I own a Computer Space Ball arcade machine, one of the oldest commercially available video games in existence, and it plays.......         Pong.  Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I turned the machine on, but man, I do love owning the damn thing.

At this point in history though, Pong is historically significant and nothing more.

• Like 2

My rating: 5/10.

Pro: This game is better than "Ping", which turns out to be more sound than sight. And it is less glitchy than Cyberpunk 2077, which I have no chance of playing right now.

Con: This game does not offer online purchases, has no online features, and is not part of the "Chattanooga Choo-Choo Collection". It lacks both character design and story development. And the music is not something I would listen to while driving.

My conclusion: I found myself liking Pong more than I liked Ping. But the rest? Let's go LARPing instead.

Edited by FenrirZero

I’d honestly rather clean the attic during the summer than play Pong longer than a few minutes.

The only way I can enjoy pong is by showing my kids where gaming “started” and it would have to be either a fleeting moment “Dad what’s this game?” Or a dedicated trip to a game museum.

5 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

The only way I can enjoy pong is by showing my kids where gaming “started” and it would have to be either a fleeting moment “Dad what’s this game?” Or a dedicated trip to a game museum.

The National Video Game Museum in Dallas has a giant-sized Pong console near the entrance that is actually playable. It's quite an experience...although it is still just Pong.

image.png.9377905642cd6e9cc9e90b5a1785d967.png

• Wow! 2

Graphics Team · Posted

Personally, I've never played a dedicated Pong unit (although I'd love to), but it's probably worth noting that they weren't all created equal. I saw in a John Hancock video that Nintendo's TV Game 6 only had one speed for the on-screen paddles no matter how fast you moved the dial on the system. 

-CasualCart

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I still insist it's a pretty good drunk party game. There's a reason it made its debut in a bar. 😛

It's also more fun than flipping a coin for resolving a disagreement:  "I want to go to Burger King!"  "No way! McD's or bust!"  One game of Pong later.... "Okay, looks like we're going to Burger King."