IGNORED

N64 rareware flash proto cart

Fryer64

Mostly because it's not in hand. It's cold out and an interest/price check isnt selling an item.

While I cant explain why others do this I do have a question of my own, why does this bother you so much? Regular pictures are coming and it's a price check, do you have some sort of weird trigger about photos and price checks? If so, I'm sorry

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm always curious why people take screenshots of photos instead of just posting the photo itself. It's like a phenomenon that I cannot figure out but I see it all the time. Can someone please explain to me why so many people do this?

The only semi-reasonable reason why I could see people doing this is that they zoomed in and they don't know how to crop-and-save as a new image.  They may also not know how to rip a photo from their browser.

EDIT

One more, it's easier to take a screenshot and share it from the Android pop-up menu, rather than save the image, and then open an app and select the file.  In other words, it could be laziness.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm always curious why people take screenshots of photos instead of just posting the photo itself. It's like a phenomenon that I cannot figure out but I see it all the time. Can someone please explain to me why so many people do this?

Lol I've had the same question. I see it a lot on Mercari.

5 hours ago, Fryer64 said:

Mostly because it's not in hand. It's cold out and an interest/price check isnt selling an item.

While I cant explain why others do this I do have a question of my own, why does this bother you so much? Regular pictures are coming and it's a price check, do you have some sort of weird trigger about photos and price checks? If so, I'm sorry

Umm...I don't see anyone triggered here.

6 hours ago, Fryer64 said:

I have Asperger's so when I see something like this, I obsess about why it happened and try to figure out a scenario where it makes sense. I'm not mad about anything but it does seem to be a social trait that people assume I'm upset just because I'm asking why someone did something.

Other people just accept it doesn't make sense to them and move on, I cannot.

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I have Asperger's so when I see something like this, I obsess about why it happened and try to figure out a scenario where it makes sense. I'm not mad about anything but it does seem to be a social trait that people assume I'm upset just because I'm asking why someone did something.

Other people just accept it doesn't make sense to them and move on, I cannot.

Couple reasons

1. the person is posting a photo that they don’t the original content

2. I’ve seen it when someone wants to make two copies of the photo to edit I.e. zoom into an area and protect the original photo

3. don’t know how to crop or they don’t find they need to take the time to clean up the screenshot 

It’s the positive and negative of technology. Somethings can’t be explained 

3 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Couple reasons

1. the person is posting a photo that they don’t the original content

2. I’ve seen it when someone wants to make two copies of the photo to edit I.e. zoom into an area and protect the original photo

3. don’t know how to crop or they don’t find they need to take the time to clean up the screenshot 

It’s the positive and negative of technology. Somethings can’t be explained 

1. You can hold your finger on any photo and it'll give you the option to save it to your phone. If this photo was sent to him in some sort of chat program, it would have been much easier to save it to his phone and post it here.

2. Whenever you edit a photo in Android, it doesn't alter the original, it makes a new copy with the edits.

3. Cropping, I guess so.

1. You’re assuming everyone knows how to do that. I can tell you my 70+ year old mother doesn’t.

2. I use an iPhone which doesn’t behave that way. 

the same way you analyze the process is the same way some people don’t care to go beyond what’s easy to them. Not everyone wants to learn the ins and outs of things. 

• Like 1