IGNORED

Decent surround sound for living room?

Gloves

20 hours ago, Tulpa said:

My current 2.1 setup. I have the capability of expanding it to 7.1, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Onkyo receiver and blu-ray player, Athena F2.2 speakers (they don't make Athenas anymore 😞 ) and an Acoustech subwoofer.

And yes, I need cable management. Sue me. 😛

thumbnail.jpg

What is that a dorm? Put some artwork up! 😝

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Apparently fuckin not.

I like your rabbit! At first I was like “hay? What the fuck eats hay a little horse?”

And I am a soundbar guy, but I run a digital optical out, always. Here is a lazy pic:

image.thumb.jpg.0f4a9ecbcea6b0175e73b0ce554b279f.jpg

I really appreciate the bluetooth speaker, as I have an issue with seeing  wiring, and it saved me a trip under the house. (Although I did accidentally install a receptacle in the perfect place when re-wiring my house for the subwoofer) 

I might upgrade this soon though to a wireless 3.1 style system and put this in the game room. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gloves said:

This is the 5.1 on their site: https://ca.jbl.com/BAR+5.1+SURROUND.html?dwvar_BAR 5.1 SURROUND_color=Black-US-Current&cgid=home-audio#start=1

Does it sound like BS? I mean if I don't have to worry about little detachable things and it "just works like magic" then I don't MIND the sound of that. (haha, the sound of that)

EDIT: AAAhhhh yeah I see. This is the new model. Makes sense now.

Why do all businesses hate Canada? Good luck finding something that works.

Administrator · Posted
38 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Why do all businesses hate Canada? Good luck finding something that works.

I've taken your suggestion and simply gone w/ the latest version for now. We at least have very generous return policies here, so I can set it up, try it out, and return if I hate it or want to upgrade. 

Honestly for me I think simple is best here. I always get frustrated cuz I want these things to just work, and I'm no audiophile/won't be listening to music on it like ever.

I appreciate all the suggestions and info, you guys rock!

• Like 1