Nintegageo

Which is superior?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• TMNT IV
    • X-Men

1 hour ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

If were going by purely the Arcade releases, then X-Men

I feel like most people remember TMNT 4 for it's console ports, which was excellent (though I still loved TMNT 2 more, personally)

Well the option is TMNT 4 which is the SNES port.  The arcade game is just Turtles in Time.  And the arcade game is good but the home port despite losing the 4 player option, added new levels, bosses, moves, colors, and modes that really fleshed out the experience.  Plus the tunes are top notch.

X men is still pretty epic esp that 6 player double screen cab.  The voice clips alone are a riot.  Too bad the mutant energy doesn't work right.

So, if we're talking about Turtles in Time (Arcade) vs. X-Men (Arcade), then I would ultimately opt for X-Men. Up to 6-player co-op, the variety of mutant powers, "Welcome to die!"

The thing is, I actually like TMNT IV on SNES a good deal better than the arcade version. Yes, they have lots of similarities but the Arcade game is a good bit shorter, has some less interesting bosses and doesn't have quite as much variety as the SNES game.

If it was SNES TMNT vs. Arcade X-Men, then SNES wins without a doubt. But Arcade vs. Arcade, I have to give it to X-Men.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webhead123 said:

Blame the quarter-hungry American publishers. In the Japanese release, the "Mutant Power" capsules are used up *first* and then drain your health instead of the other way around like we got.

They also cut out the big capsule power-up drops from enemies.  Switching over to the Japan release when this hit XBLA a few years ago was an eye opener.  The game is already a massive quarter muncher, the US version didn't need these changes.