IGNORED

Movie Debate #48: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

Events Team · Posted

Never liked it.  Tim Burton being pretentious while trying to cash in on two holidays with the same movie.  Music sucks too.  Same goes for James and the Giant Peach.  Which is all really a shame because the animation is pretty cool.  Really the only thing going for both movies.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Never liked it.  Tim Burton being pretentious while trying to cash in on two holidays with the same movie.  Music sucks too.  Same goes for James and the Giant Peach.  Which is all really a shame because the animation is pretty cool.  Really the only thing going for both movies.

and you must be the monopoly guy!

i like them both. animation is so unique and good.

• Haha 1

Was just discussing this movie on one of my Discord servers with some friends lol

Will repeat what I said there;

Not a big fan of Tim Burton if I'm being honest

Nothing really against this or most other Burton movies. I do enjoy his Batman movies, Beetlejuice is pretty good, and Mars Attacks! was a weird but entertaining movie... but that's about it. Even the Batman movies I would top out at maybe 7/10.

This movie, however, is 4/10 for me.

Edited by SpoonMan Abrams X

Outside of Batman and Big Fish, I don't think I'm much into Tim Burton's films.  If I took at look at all of them he's made, I might find one or two in there that I didn't realize he'd worked on but, yeah, that's my list.

Edward Scissorhands is kind of quintessential Burton, and is ok.  I'll give that one a thumbs up.  Barely.

EDIT

I see now he did Mars Attacks!  I had no clue.  It's definitely a film that's high on my list and I've always been a fan of the subtle, and not so subtle, political commentary running thorough out the entire film.

Edited by RH

Administrator · Posted

I gave it a solid 8.  I've always loved the movie.  I love the style, the music, the characters, etc.  It was definitely unique for its time and is just a fun, quirky movie.  I'm actually a bit surprised it's so polarizing, but that's ok, to each his/her own.  I love it!

• Like 1