IGNORED

Your goto short play games?

Nintegageo

Usually NES games, Tetris probably. But I'm always down for a couple levels of Mega Man 2, because I can just choose whichever level I feel like playing. Or some Mario 3 maybe.

Lately I've been playing nothing but Session on xbone, thats a game you can play in short bursts if you want

There's a few, but one I have come back to for decades is Super Dodgeball for the NES and some others since too.  They're not too terribly challenging and they're quite short if you don't lose so you can really just de-stress and enjoy for like 15-20min and get some quality time out of the game.

• Like 1

It rotates a lot over the years for me, but currently it's been Pac-man CE and Streemerz, both "newer" games for the NES/Famicom.  Pac-Man CE is timed at five minutes and it's always great fun to try and get a new high score (can anyone beat my 556k?), and Streemerz is a fantastic run-n-gun game with a pseudo-Bionic Commando arm mechanic.  I avoided it for years because I thought it was a hack of BC, but as soon as I found out it was an entirely different game, I made myself a cart for it and never looked back.  It is sooooo fun to fly through the levels and get past sections in one shot that used to kill me dozens of times not too long ago.  If I could ever complete a no-death run, that would be the ultimate accomplishment...

• Like 1

Are we talking like short games to fully beat, or like a game to play one round of for like 10-20 minutes?

If it's a game to play one round of, my go to's are

Fortnite

Super Mario Bros 35

Tetris 99

Yu-Gi-Oh world championship 2011

Pocket Card Jockey

If it's replaying a short game to beat entirely, my go to's are

Super Mario Bros 3

Star fox 64

Pokemon FireRed/leafgreen

4 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It is sooooo fun to fly through the levels and get past sections in one shot that used to kill me dozens of times not too long ago.  If I could ever complete a no-death run, that would be the ultimate accomplishment...

I love Streemerz! One of my absolute favorite NES games. 

58 minutes ago, GPX said:

Geometry Wars 2. Have been hooked on this game for nearly 10 years!

It’s addictive and colorful. Definitely worth a go if you’re into high scores in gaming.

Fantastic choice. I haven't played geometry wars in some time, I remember the 3rd one was pretty lame though. They had it right with 2

On 12/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, CasualCart said:

My default short-session game is usually Star Soldier (or any similar space-shooter). I never survive long, but I always enjoy the quick plays.

@Nintegageo and @Link - Neo Turf Masters and Rush 'N Attack are good calls, too.

-CasualCart

Rush N Attack is underrated. It's not Contra, but it's really good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Rush N Attack is underrated. It's not Contra, but it's really good.

Rush 'N Attack was an early rental for me and yeah, it's no Contra and it annoys me that it uses "Up" to jump but once you get into the groove, it's a fun game. It has a kind of rhythm to it that is easy to enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...