IGNORED

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection

Webhead123

On 12/28/2020 at 2:31 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

The double Jump kills Super G'N'G for me, as it completely changes the game.  My other major issue is all the waiting around for extended periods on small platforms while the game auto-scrolls you at a snails pace;  the G'N'G series in all other iterations is run 'n gun fun, so it's really frustrating to have to just sit there on a raft forever just waiting for everything under the sun to take pot shots at you while you've got this tiny little area with which to dodge...

I will agree that the graphics and music are excellent.

I think you and I are on the same page here.  While the double jump in Super is fun once you get the hang of it (as an aside, I still screw up the double jump height/length and where you are going to land to this day... about a quarter of the time), it was a bit jarring to me after popping so many quarters into Ghouls Arcade.  I also find the arcade version of Ghouls n' Ghosts to be the best of the series from what I have played (have not played the new one or the one that came out on the PSP).

I am going to have to pick up a copy of the Genesis version, as that one seems to be the one that is right up my alley.

Edited by Sumer

On 2/26/2021 at 9:31 PM, Sumer said:

I am going to have to pick up a copy of the Genesis version, as that one seems to be the one that is right up my alley.

It's easier than the arcade game, but generally it's an incredibly good port. One of the best contemporary arcade ports I can think of, when considering the graphical sacrifices they had to make.

As for the double jump in Super GnG? I love it, I think it suits the series perfectly. Game still isn't my favourite in the series, but that's for other reasons. The PSP game doesn't do much for me at all, though.

Dai > Chou > Makaimura > Goku
(Ghouls > Super Ghouls > Ghosts > Ultimate)

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

I love this game. Probably spent nearly 15 hours grinding it, but I made it through the first loop, playing blind exclusively on the Legend difficulty.

IMG_20210307_214251.jpg?width=637&height

One of the toughest things I've done in a video game, at least for a single run effort. But it's hard to stop playing when it's this addictive.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:55 AM, avatar! said:

Capcom's "oh hey, fooled you! that's not the real boss, go back to stage 1 to trudge through everything only harder to find an annoying weapon to finally beat the real boss" has to be one of the dumbest "tricks" in video games I'm aware of! Hopefully they got rid of that, and made it so Arthur can take more hits before dying (which I think is the case).

So, in a surprising twist, both aspects of the second loop are kinda changed this time around.
As already revealed before the game's release, the second loop is a massively different experience this time around. I've only spent a bit of time with the "shadow" version of the first stage so far, and it's changed up completely, it's not like replaying the same game at all.

However, you actually only need to finish the first loop to get a proper ending. No illusions devised by satan this time around.

Reportedly, the game does have a "true last boss" that involves more than just beating two loops this time. There are secrets hidden in every stage that you need to search for.

So I guess it's more comparable to finishing Mario 64 with 70 or 120 stars

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1