IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077

fox

This is made by the developers of the Witcher games so I can’t imagine it being a bad game (very overhyped though). They always put a lot of passion into their games and actually provide proper DLC like the old expansion games PC used to do.

From some reviews it seems it might be worth waiting though because there a lot of bugs. I’d wait a month or so before diving in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Im really just hoping they maintain the quality of the side quests like the Witcher.  Im tired of open world games with an endless number of crappy fetch quests.  I’m looking at you Horizon Zero Dawn.  

From the reviews Ive read, they said the best story development happens in the side quests. Apparently the main story is only 15-20 hours. 

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm sure it's amazing, but I'm waiting for the Series X upgrade. Same thing for the Witcher 3. So I should be good for about 200 hours of gameplay between those.

I wasted 200 hours on that trash game Witcher 3.  I’d had enough, so I went ahead and wasted another 60 hours on the expansions which were even worse.  What a rip off, no replay value!

• Haha 1

Legit complaint.  I have no interest in this game, nor have I ever expressed any interest to any algorithm one.

Regardless, GOG has sent me an email one to two times a day asking me if I wanted to pre-order and giving me an up to the second countdown of the release.

Sheesh! Stop trying to shove your shovelware onto me!

57 minutes ago, fox said:

Woah my game came with a map, lore book, and post cards.  Look at all this useless crude, I though getting the standard edition would be a way to avoid useless inserts! Haven’t even started and it already is a fail.

At least you didn't get it at GameStop. I got all that useless paper PLUS some lame pewter necklace. Hello?! I don't care about your dumb lore and world building. I just want to play with Keanu.

• Angry 1

I wasn't going to have anything to do with this game but since it comes with a free Stadia, I figured I would try it out.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10177658?hl=en

Stadia Premiere Edition with Purchase of Cyberpunk 2077 Offer Details

Eligible users who pre-order or purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia between October 15, 2020 and December 17, 2020 receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra) at no additional charge, subject to these terms and conditions (the “Offer”). Offer includes free basic shipping.

• To qualify for the offer, you must be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (excluding Hawaii, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and must pre-order or purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia during the promotional period. Cancellation of pre-order before release of the game voids the Offer. If you acquire Cyberpunk 2077 through a Stadia game redemption code, you are not eligible for the Offer.
  • Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use at the Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by January 15, 2021 11:59 pm GMT, and must be redeemed by January 31, 2021 11:59 pm GMT. You must have or add a form of payment at checkout, but may not be charged depending on the shipping method you select.
  • Limit One Stadia Premiere Edition per user; 6 per household
  • Offer valid while supplies last and subject to availability. Promotional value of Offer is not transferable, not for resale, not redeemable for cash, and is nonrefundable.
  • If you return Cyberpunk 2077 for a refund, the Offer is void, and you may be required to return your Stadia Premier Edition or be charged the full price of the Stadia Premiere Edition. If you are required to return your Stadia Premiere Edition, you will receive an email at the email address associated with your Stadia account with instructions for return and you will not be charged for return shipping.
  • If Stadia determines that this offer is used in connection with abuse, misuse, or fraud, the Offer may be voided.
  • Stadia reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time. Promoter: © 2020 Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043.
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I wasn't going to have anything to do with this game but since it comes with a free Stadia, I figured I would try it out.

So you purchase the game and get a free system? I'm guessing Stadia is doing  very well 😉

Seriously though, you remember when Google's motto was "do no evil"? Yeah, I don't either...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

So you purchase the game and get a free system? I'm guessing Stadia is doing  very well 😉

Seriously though, you remember when Google's motto was "do no evil"? Yeah, I don't either...

Most startup companies / ideas go 3-5 years before turning a profit, this is just part of the growth. I'm not surprised they're not making money yet.

I'm enjoying it, but 4-5 hours in and I'm still trying to get a handle on the gun system. The enemies are so squishy, I'm thinking of rerolling a stealth/hack build. I'm playing on X1X and think the game looks great, I've have had 2 crashed and a couple hitches were the game hangs up a full second but then resumes.

Edited by Aguy

22 hours ago, avatar! said:

So you purchase the game and get a free system? I'm guessing Stadia is doing  very well

Stadia will join the Google graveyard soon enough. If they’re now trying to give that junk away I think that says it all haha.

Would love to know what people’s thoughts are on this game now. It is getting savaged by the user reviews and CD Project Red are offering refunds. I must admit, I didn’t see this coming from this developer.

Main complaints seem to be a lot of bugs, hollow main story line and not the greatest AI.

• Like 1