IGNORED

It is getting to be that time of year - favorite Christmas movies!

Tabonga

The Santa Clause trilogy is among me and my wife's favorites though there are a few things about it that don't make sense:

(first movie):

How come when Santa falls off the roof (and then waves bye with his mitten...I guess no hard feelings?) and Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) arrive at the North Pole, none of the elves even mention or acknowledge the tragic loss of that previous Santa?  I guess oh well, tough luck? 😞 

The head elf (Bernard) tells the new Santa he's due back in 11 months/Thanksgiving...why?  The North Pole is not a part of the United States and last I checked Santa's jurisdiction is the whole world (well the parts that have Christmas/Santa anyway), not just the US.  It would make far better sense for Bernard to tell Scott he's due back by the Canadian Thanksgiving (2nd Monday of October) as well, if any country could make a claim to the North Pole, Canada would make by far the most sense.

(second movie):

If Scott Calvin (now the incumbent Santa) does indeed have to find a Mrs. Claus by Christmas Eve...and this didn't come up until he was Santa for eight years...then if all else failed, couldn't he have just deliberately fallen off a roof so whoever was there could take over and reset the clock so to speak so the elves wouldn't be unemployed/homeless or something?  Or is he subject to the Terminator rule, where he cannot "self terminate" his Santa role? 😄  And where was the Mrs Claus that would've been with the previous Santa in the first movie?  Was she just kicked out the back door or something? 😞 

(third movie):

As for the Council of Legendary Figures, where was Old Man Winter?  He's mentioned just as much if not more than Jack Frost after all.   And what was the presiding officer (Mother Nature) doing giving herself a vote?  I thought the presiding officer does not vote except to break a tie?