IGNORED

What classic games would you like to see rereleased?

I would like to have a console release for Willow (the arcade game) and for Aliens (the arcade game).

Both were really solid games that had a fairly limited time in arcades - and both would translate well to consoles (at least as well as the console/PC release of the Mystara arcade games for D&D)

29 minutes ago, ScaryD said:

I would love to see a rerelease of Crystalis. Granted I know it was also released on the GBC but a modern update on this game would be fun.

A fully modernized Crystalis would be pretty wild. (and remove the need for "rabbit boots" as an explicit item 😛 with more controllable buttons/actions at your disposal)

Not quite the same thing, but considering long-lost IP -- updating Wizards and Warriors to have better combat hit boxing (and a more intuitive combat animation) -- or updating Faxanadu...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScaryD said:

I would love to see a rerelease of Crystalis. Granted I know it was also released on the GBC but a modern update on this game would be fun.

I 2nd this. I'd like to see a modern-ish take on this one. 

I'd still want the top down view and combat/movement to be relatively close to the original though. I wouldn't want it to turn into "God of War in the Crystalis universe", if that makes sense. No need for a chase camera and a revamped combat system. 

4 minutes ago, Br81zad said:

I 2nd this. I'd like to see a modern-ish take on this one. 

I'd still want the top down view and combat/movement to be relatively close to the original though. I wouldn't want it to turn into "God of War in the Crystalis universe", if that makes sense. No need for a chase camera and a revamped combat system. 

Have you played Oceanhorn?  Crystalis done in that style could work.

They're not so much a franchise, but an element of their time, but I'd love to see a few of the old black box gems get a modern coat of paint, perhaps even a side by side classic and modern mode (like Game & Watch gallery did on GB/C/A.)

Think of something like Mach Rider, Wrecking Crew, Balloon Fight, Kung Fu, Duck Hunt, etc with a more modern game engine but still not pointing towards realism style of visual appeal, just detail, say like our current Mario and Zelda titles, maybe a few touched up improved mechanics and things yet not enough to ruin the game.  And then next to it have the original game as well too with independent score saving of your best runs.  I could get behind that.