Jump to content
IGNORED

What classic games would you like to see rereleased?


 Share

Recommended Posts

I was just thinking, it would be swell if LRG or iam8bit or someone, released Actraiser I & II on an SNES cart! Yes indeed, that would be lovely...

While that was merely a dream a few years ago, it is a possibility today. Maybe not a large one, but I like the fact that classic games are getting reprints.

Two other games that never had a North American release and I sincerely hope do, are

Terranigma for the SNES

Gimmick! for the NES - WITH the sound chip!

I would certainly pay for those two. What about you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id like to see a combo of all of the Gran Turismo games in one game to bring back some of the cars from the first 4 games.

The Sega Sports games from the Genesis era were amazing and I wish they were part of the Genesis Classics compilations that have come out, but they probably cant license the players and put them in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm only the slightest agitated that about 6 months ago Lucasarts and LRG released a ton of classics...except Shadows of the Empire.

That was the only one I really want on Switch.

Did you play more of the PC version or the PS1 version?  My cousin had the PS1 version when it came out and it was mind blowing, but impossible to play these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
13 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Did you play more of the PC version or the PS1 version?  My cousin had the PS1 version when it came out and it was mind blowing, but impossible to play these days.

That's not Shadows of the Empire. I'm talking about the N64 title that was eventually released on PC. Anyway, I played the N64 version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see any Famicom game that was never translated into English be released on an NES cart with an official translation.  Something like Destiny of an Emperor 2 or Mother or any other game that I've had to rely on patching ROMS with fan translations to get my fix...

I don't understand why people are interested in buying rereleases of games that were already released here or Famicom games that are perfectly playable the way they are with little to no text like Holy Diver or Splatterhouse.  Can we please get something actually useful, NES-wise, from Limited Run?

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the choices so far, but I'd like a pretty practical easy one, that is if EA got their crap together and didn't decide to go 'want to make this...pay 2.99 for the feature' into the mix, it would be the original if not also(or) sequel to Sim City Classic.  I've got a really neat phone game called Pocket City which is kind of a blend of SC and SC2000, and I think it would be wonderful if that old game got a Switch, mobile, PC based re-release with a new coat of paint, but NO tampering with the mechanics in the slightest just like the C&C Remake got.

Also if it were up to me I'd make Nintendo do some more old game re-releases too from their 8 and 16bit era since that stuff remains popular due to the indie movement that never petered out.  It would be sweet to be able to snap up the original F-Zero one more, perhaps have the BS sequels tacked on as a 'NEW THING' for most, and same goes with Pilotwings which got excluded from the SNES CE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don't understand why people are interested in buying rereleases of games that were already released here or Famicom games that are perfectly playable the way they are with little to no text like Holy Diver or Splatterhouse.  Can we please get something actually useful, NES-wise, from Limited Run?

I'll tell ya why, because they're relatively inexpensive and often far cheaper than the original release, they are collectible, they are official (re)releases, and they're awesome 🙂

Also, in some instances such as Metal Storm, they update the ROM and greatly improve upon the original NES release.

Edited by avatar!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'd like to see any Famicom game that was never translated into English be released on an NES cart with an official translation.  Something like Destiny of an Emperor 2 or Mother or any other game that I've had to rely on patching ROMS with fan translations to get my fix...

I don't understand why people are interested in buying rereleases of games that were already released here or Famicom games that are perfectly playable the way they are with little to no text like Holy Diver or Splatterhouse.  Can we please get something actually useful, NES-wise, from Limited Run?

Some people might want it for their favourite game to get a surge of traction/relevance wich might translate into potential future products. Many just like the collectibles that these items come with such as boxes and cases shaped like an old Genesis/AES shell.

Edited by cartman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2020 at 8:17 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

Did you play more of the PC version or the PS1 version?  My cousin had the PS1 version when it came out and it was mind blowing, but impossible to play these days.

The PC version of Dark Forces is on GOG and still plays pretty well, IMO.

The sequel (Jedi Knight) is a much more updated experience, though I think the lightsaber-battle-bosses are not very interesting or well-implemented.  (haven't played any of the further sequels)

 

 

Shadows of the Empire also  has a solid PC-release, and is more of a "play the movie" kind of experience with a mix of 3rd-person-platforming levels, space flight, and gunnery simulation.

EDIT -- though updating Shadows of the Empire to having the same control scheme as RE-4 would be phenomenal.

And rebuilding the original Dark Forces in a modern gaming engine would also be cool.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Star Tropics.

I would love a Star Tropics 3, but a remake or remaster would need to happen first i imagine to get new gamers onboard, build a base, and eventually lead to Zoda's Revenge and then Star Tropics 3.

I'm not interested in Smash Bros., but at the very least, get Mike in there for Pete's sake! That'll get people looking into where he came from and get Star Tropics on the radar again.

  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Speaking of Star Wars.  The whole Rogue Squadron series.

And fix the damn clipping and hit detection

Was coming here to post this.  Just replayed through Rogue Leader on Gamecube.  Still working on the last few gold medals.  It's a damn good series

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Star Tropics.

I would love a Star Tropics 3, but a remake or remaster would need to happen first i imagine to get new gamers onboard, build a base, and eventually lead to Zoda's Revenge and then Star Tropics 3.

I'm not interested in Smash Bros., but at the very least, get Mike in there for Pete's sake! That'll get people looking into where he came from and get Star Tropics on the radar again.

Star Tropics rendered in claymation-style would be pretty slick.

And yes, it does seem like a missed opportunity to not have Mike kicking ass with a yo-yo in Smash Bros.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diablo II. One of the top CRPGs ever, if not still #1, and its only issue is that it runs at 1024x768 and the engine is tied to it running at 24fps. The art is already perfect, just make it look a little less shitty on my giant modern monitor please.

We're never going to get this because of the game engine, but it would be preeeeetty sweet:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...