IGNORED

(Not Quite Healthy Eating) -- Popeyes Chicken Sandwich

arch_8ngel

@Link - it looks like you unfortunately got a "not fresh" one, perhaps the skin wasn't crispy because of the gallon of mayo on it?  Lol, I'm guessing if your sides were crispy that it was sitting a bit - your bun looks flat too.  For my trial, the bun was a highlight, delicious brioche or w/e it is, I didn't have any concerns with the crispiness on mine - it was highly enjoyable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Is Zaxby's a regional chain? I saw a commercial during one of the college football games Saturday, but I've never seen one in the area.

Kind of.

https://www.zaxbys.com/locations/

They started in Statesboro GA and have fanned out over the last few decades.

Their reach is a lot farther than it used to be, but looks like nothing in Ohio yet.

In all seriousness, if you wanted to make a shitload of money as a franchise owner, opening a Zaxby's in a state that doesn't have any yet would be a license to print money.

6 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Kind of.

Their reach is a lot farther than it used to be, but looks like nothing in Ohio yet.

In all seriousness, if you wanted to make a shitload of money as a franchise owner, opening a Zaxby's in a state that doesn't have any yet would be a license to print money.

I checked and they aren't any in Ohio at all. The closest one to Cincinnati is in Georgetown, KY which is almost to Lexington. I don't know if they are planning to expand up this way or not.

We have some zaxbys here but I’ve yet to bother trying it for whatever reason.  I know those who went loved that orange colored sauce they use and said the chicken was more chain restaurant quality than fast food-ish style.  It does seem interesting. I’ve noticed in the last five to ten years a burger equal perhaps pop up called Culver’s. 

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

We have some zaxbys here but I’ve yet to bother trying it for whatever reason.  I know those who went loved that orange colored sauce they use and said the chicken was more chain restaurant quality than fast food-ish style.  It does seem interesting. I’ve noticed in the last five to ten years a burger equal perhaps pop up called Culver’s. 

Zaxbys is the best non-mom-and-pop restaurant chicken, period.

They just fall into this weird grey area where you expect them to be fast food due to the restaurant layout and having a drive thru but they aren't.  It takes awhile to get your food.  Faster than a sit down restaurant, but considerably slower than fast food.

There sauce (Zax sauce) is pretty special. But their wing sauces are pretty good too, if you want something spicy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Kind of.

That's no exaggeration.   We finally got a Cane's up here (a stone's throw from a Chik-Fil-A no less) and it had a line wrapped around the building and snaking through the parking lot for the first several months they were open.

A Zaxby's would probably require cops directing traffic.

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Zaxbys is the best non-mom-and-pop restaurant chicken, period.

They just fall into this weird grey area where you expect them to be fast food due to the restaurant layout and having a drive thru but they aren't.  It takes awhile to get your food.  Faster than a sit down restaurant, but considerably slower than fast food.

There sauce (Zax sauce) is pretty special. But their wing sauces are pretty good too, if you want something spicy.

Well they're not convenient ever to where I am, but next time they're near something and I am feeling the need I'll have to try it.  After you worded it that way it makes me think a bit more like other places that have that kind of fake look of fast food like Steak & Shake which have a drive through too, but you'll end up waiting like 10min for your food or more as they don't pre-cook as it's a sit down restaurant.

...and like the capn put it there, that Cane's we got one of those a few years ago, and recently multiple more opened in town too. The first went in on the opposite side of the road as a CFA too and while it does get cars in the lot, it's never backed up and depending who I know has tried it it ranges from good to overpriced bland chicken fingers so I guess it's one of those love it or hate it places.  But if they opened so many in a short time and they've stood up it can't be that bad.