IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Bubble Bobble + Circus Charlie

BeaIank

On 12/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, Gloves said:

I mean you could always just... play Bubble Bobble. 😛

Dude. I'd never not play Bubble Bobble.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, NESfiend said:

I played it a little last night out of curiosity since it had been so long and Id never really gotten into it. The shortcomings of bubble bobble made me appreciate and want to play rainbow islands. Far and away the best of the bb series imo

You're my new best friend.
Hey did you know that I kinda like Rainbow Islands? I'm sure no one knew that.
You can inject Rainbow Islands into my veins plz

On 12/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, NESfiend said:

I played it a little last night out of curiosity since it had been so long and Id never really gotten into it. The shortcomings of bubble bobble made me appreciate and want to play rainbow islands. Far and away the best of the bb series imo

Recovery is a huge issue in Bubble Bobble. The game can be very hard to play without at least fast fire and running shoes, which means you want those powerups immediately and then never lose it. Dying once in the game is disastrous, not just because you'll be missing out on huge point bonuses from the secret rooms, but because recovering your powerups is very hard when you're not playing from a clean reset.

Meanwhile Rainbow Islands lets you challenge yourself for an extra bonus which lets you keep those powerups even when you die. It's so good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's awesome! Congratulations!

I share the congratulatory sentiment, but Id be more surprised if you didnt win a gaming related challenge. I vote for a three way NES competition between our awesome mods @BeaIank, @guillavoie, and @bertsampson! I can already smell the popcorn and am ready to place my bets when @Bearcat-Dougsets the odds

Edited by NESfiend

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I share the congratulatory sentiment, but Id be more surprised if you didnt win a gaming related challenge. I vote for a three way NES competition between our awesome mods @BeaIank, @guillavoie, and @bertsampson! I can already smell the popcorn and am ready to place my bets when @Bearcat-Dougsets the odds

It would be tough to set the odds for that one. You might as well add @rdrunner too and really make things interesting!

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned