IGNORED

HDMI Switcher Recommendations

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump

I am now looking for an hdmi switcher too. I see a few prospects on Amazon. My concern is with lag introduction though. I read reviews for one of the switchers and someone that uses it for game consoles complained that it introduced significant lag

You might want to just look into a receiver. I used a Yamaha one that had 4 HDMI in for a couple years now and never had an issue. It connected to the WiFi too and wasn't too expensive. They can be picked up for like $80+ shipping used on eBay

Denon makes so good ones but they might be overkill for what you need. 

Is it for this generation consoles or say earlier than ps4/Xbox one? For closer to now generation consoles I may worry about lag like @phart010 says but for earlier than last generation I wouldn’t care. I was using some broke ass 3 port HDMI switch from Amazon for my Analogue consoles and it worked just fine. I also play new generation a LG CX 65 so lag will not be tolerated haha

Would you like an 8 port?  I found one maker and annoyingly seller in the US who has them and is kind of a turd about how they pack it sadly (my first got broken in the mail.)

The first time I ordered it was amazon and it got broken, the second time didn't realize it until after it was ebay, that one made it.

It costs $45 shipped vs like $100-200 for the others online I've seen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/231583002732

This is 8port into 1 TV, has a remote but totally not needed.

I have a Switch, SuperNT, MegaSG, GC2HDMI Gamecube, HDMI kit top loader NES, ultrahdmi n64, PCE Mini, and a next port(8) I tied it to another 5 port because I'm sneaky like that which has 2 free and the Classic HDMI edition NES, SNES, and Genesis on that.

Shockingly it works, perfectly.  IT doesn't matter which system I pop on, even on the chained 2nd switch to the 8port, it immediately fires up that system without fault off 1 port on my TV (I have my fire stick on the other it's an ass about sharing the feed.)

Losing the 1 port to chain the other unit I basically have a 12 port HDMI switch setup with 10 spots in use.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Would you like an 8 port?  I found one maker and annoyingly seller in the US who has them and is kind of a turd about how they pack it sadly (my first got broken in the mail.)

The first time I ordered it was amazon and it got broken, the second time didn't realize it until after it was ebay, that one made it.

It costs $45 shipped vs like $100-200 for the others online I've seen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/231583002732

This is 8port into 1 TV, has a remote but totally not needed.

I have a Switch, SuperNT, MegaSG, GC2HDMI Gamecube, HDMI kit top loader NES, ultrahdmi n64, PCE Mini, and a next port(8) I tied it to another 5 port because I'm sneaky like that which has 2 free and the Classic HDMI edition NES, SNES, and Genesis on that.

Shockingly it works, perfectly.  IT doesn't matter which system I pop on, even on the chained 2nd switch to the 8port, it immediately fires up that system without fault off 1 port on my TV (I have my fire stick on the other it's an ass about sharing the feed.)

Losing the 1 port to chain the other unit I basically have a 12 port HDMI switch setup with 10 spots in use.

Curious, does this one work when the power is not plugged in? I wonder if the power is just needed to initiate a switch to another device or if powers is constantly needed while operating.

Reason I ask is because I am wondering if there is any signal conversion taking place or if the signal is just passing through