IGNORED

Hey Guys

Hi, I've been lurking for a while and wanted to start actually posting sometime soon, so here I am.

I've been a gamer for over 40 years and a collector for a good chunk of that period. I play and collect everything from Odyssey 2 to PS4 but have focused mainly on Sega Genesis. I have a nearly complete boxed US retail set (just missing the box for Miracle Piano) and am working on completing my manuals (around 60 to go).

I also love finding out about obscure variants on that platform and have around 150 of these in addition to my "core" set. Researching these has become one of my hobbies; defaultgen has already shared a few of my findings on here.

I never posted on NA but I was somewhat active on Sega Age (and Sega-16). I posted under this or a similar name, so some of you may know me from there. And if there are any other greybeards around, I was also really active in the gaming forums on CompuServe many, many moons ago.

By day, I've worked as a Japanese to English document translator for the past 20 years. It's never made me rich, but it's something I really enjoy doing that helps pay for my hobbies and which allows me to own and play through cheaper alternatives to certain higher-priced games. I was also fortunate enough to spend some time in Japan during a couple of pretty cool eras in gaming (95-96 and 98-00).

I'm currently playing Ninja Gaiden III (as someone who didn't grow up with it, the US version is nightmare fuel), Drill Land, Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection, Headmasters (FDS) and Pac-Man CE/CE DX (which, TBF, I've never really *stopped* playing since they were released).

Anyway, glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to being a more active participant. Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Welcome! Definitely looking forward to seeing your collection and picking your brain as I move into Genesis collecting (some day). Also, you shared too much info and should prepare to be bombarded with ridiculous translation requests. 🤣

I’m not going to be offering full translation patches or anything like that, but I’m always happy to decipher a bit of moonspeak for the community.

• 4 weeks later...