IGNORED

Prestige Collections

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, bowser said:

Hope it's a first print.

I've started collecting variants. There's actually a really rare Mexican variant that not many people know about. The fools on PrestigeBay seem to think that the only copies that matter are the US copies. What a bunch of jokers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

a collecting base that could potentially grow to over 100k collectors in years to come. In comparison, there is an estimated 1 million+ comic book collectors.

You are STILL making the mistake of assuming that collectors attracted to the video game market will primarily desire SEALED GRADED games! This is just NOT evident in the current patterns of how the already millions upon millions of game collectors collect games!

Unlike comic books or baseball cards, which really only exist on one axis of condition, video games are MUCH more multifaceted when it comes to completeness and condition.

If you want an action comics 1 for your collection, you need to fight for one of those vanishingly rare graded copies that still exist. If I want a Mario 3, well guess what? They made EIGHTEEN MILLION of them, and they are made of PLASTIC and SILICON, not shitty cheap quality paper that was printed for the lowest possible cost! And people held on to games because they were awesome and cost a lot of money at the time. They passed them on to friends or relatives, traded them in or resold them. They didn't chuck them in the bin like most comic books.

So yeah, if I want a Mario 3 I can buy a beat up loose copy cheap. OR I can spend a bit more and get a beat up CIB, OR I can spend a bit more to get a nice CIB and so on and so on. By the time you get to the rarified air of a SEALED GRADED OMG 1ST PRANT FFFFFF version there isn't and NEVER will be millions, hundreds of thousands, or probably even more than a thousand people in that market. 

Right now it's WATA, HA and a handful of old collectors colluding to rope in as many rich DOPES from other hobbies as they can, before their pants are revealed to be round their ankles. Sounds like you YOURSELF have also been hooked by all the hype and puff pieces they've been putting out, tbh.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

Right now it's WATA, HA and a handful of old collectors colluding to rope in as many rich DOPES from other hobbies as they can, before their pants are revealed to be round their ankles. Sounds like you YOURSELF have also been hooked by all the hype and puff pieces they've been putting out, tbh.

I always find it amusing how everyone was so supportive of WATA when they came on the scene, since it was "guys from in the scene doing it". Yet I haven't seen those bozos contributing anything good to the scene at all, great bunch of people they are.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I own a PS4 and haven't bought a single physical copy game for it. Every game I have lives in a cloud in my PS account. Its already begun. Denial is not a river in Egypt. Sell your physical media story to Netflix or the music industry.

Good for you. In the end of it all you will find that your cloud requires Sony to keep said data. Something their 'Terms of Service' agreement says they can undo without any notice. Which is one of many reasons why some gamers either stick with physical media, or buy both. And will continue to do so once all of those issues are virtually gone. 👍

13 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

#SaveThisThread

Ten years from now, a factory sealed N64 Perfect Dark in NM condition says the majority of all future video game releases will be digital.

I'll take you up on that offer seeing how your deal does not exclude the Japanese market. 🤔

13 hours ago, OptOut said:

You are STILL making the mistake of assuming that collectors attracted to the video game market will primarily desire SEALED GRADED games! This is just NOT evident in the current patterns of how the already millions upon millions of game collectors collect games!

Unlike comic books or baseball cards, which really only exist on one axis of condition, video games are MUCH more multifaceted when it comes to completeness and condition.

If you want an action comics 1 for your collection, you need to fight for one of those vanishingly rare graded copies that still exist. If I want a Mario 3, well guess what? They made EIGHTEEN MILLION of them, and they are made of PLASTIC and SILICON, not shitty cheap quality paper that was printed for the lowest possible cost! And people held on to games because they were awesome and cost a lot of money at the time. They passed them on to friends or relatives, traded them in or resold them. They didn't chuck them in the bin like most comic books.

So yeah, if I want a Mario 3 I can buy a beat up loose copy cheap. OR I can spend a bit more and get a beat up CIB, OR I can spend a bit more to get a nice CIB and so on and so on. By the time you get to the rarified air of a SEALED GRADED OMG 1ST PRANT FFFFFF version there isn't and NEVER will be millions, hundreds of thousands, or probably even more than a thousand people in that market. 

Its a shame you want to hate all over me. I didn't know talking about the rarity of sealed games would jingle so many of your bells. Every single bit of your comment is speculation. "I can get a crappy cart of SM3 for cheap" bla bla bla "rare Action Comics #1" bla bla bla "nobody collects sealed games" bla bla bla "even though I don't really know that and think millions of people collect 9.8 superman underwear because they printed millions of those too" bla bla bla. You're all over the place. Many of these comments are. The name of this forum should be called "Video Game Haters". Hate hate hate.

• Haha 4

Time to come clean Mr. Joe, if that is your real name... Or perhaps just Gulag? Ol' Joe laggy! My Gu man! MR GOO! Buddy, pal, friend...

How much money have you wasted on sealed product in the last 6 months, and how many bricks are you shitting that serious, longtime established collectors are laughing directly into your face?

Come on, we're all friends here, you can tell us...

taehyung-wink.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd choose this over a sealed left Bros any day. Much rarer, and much more culturally significant.

Edit: it's ironic that due to the non standard size, as well as the WATA staff not knowing shit about this sort of thing, if I sent it in for grading, they'd likely bollix it.

IMG_20201206_000528.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Time to come clean Mr. Joe, if that is your real name... Or perhaps just Gulag? Ol' Joe laggy! My Gu man! MR GOO! Buddy, pal, friend...

How much money have you wasted on sealed product in the last 6 months, and how many bricks are you shitting that serious, longtime established collectors are laughing directly into your face?

Come on, we're all friends here, you can tell us...

taehyung-wink.gif

I'm not buying it. I'm selling it. WATA has already deemed my collection prestigious. Be on the look out for The Haters Collection, likely hitting the market when this next batch of free money comes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

I'm not buying it. I'm selling it. WATA has already deemed my collection prestigious. Be on the look out for The Haters Collection, likely hitting the market when this next batch of free money comes.

Good, sell it, buy a house or some index funds, sheesh! That's what I said!

We're all about the SELLERS here in this inflated market, loads of our greatest guys are making BANK on this, and well deserved after decades in the game!

It's the BUYERS we're laughing at, if you got shit to sell, DO IT, but don't feel guilty or try to justify it or rationalize it or whatever!

Just sell your SHIT to idiots for mad bank and laugh at them like we do! No shame in that whatsoever, nobody here has a problem with that, but we will ALWAYS caution against the opposite.

Buying INTO this market right now is a very dangerous game.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked