IGNORED

Sealed GCN Wind Waker has been selling for more than TP since Feb.

Grondorr

Looking at sales data, it appears that TP was the more expensive title, but around Feb of this year sealed and graded copies of WW started selling for more than TP, yet CIB and loose copies of TP sell for more than WW.

Has anyone else noticed this change, and have an explanation for it? I have a some theories.
1) WW is older
2) WW had underwhelming sales (rarer). Yet, TP was very popular, and has had four releases.
3) History has been kind to WW. It's now universally considered a GOAT.
4) The TP GCN release technically wasn't the first (Wii came a month earlier)

Edited by Grondorr

On 11/30/2020 at 1:05 AM, Grondorr said:

Looking at sales data, it appears that TP was the more expensive title, but around Feb of this year sealed and graded copies of WW started selling for more than TP, yet CIB and loose copies of TP sell for more than WW.

Has anyone else noticed this change, and have an explanation for it? I have a some theories.
1) WW is older
2) WW had underwhelming sales (rarer). Yet, TP was very popular, and has had four releases.
3) History has been kind to WW. It's now universally considered a GOAT.
4) The TP GCN release technically wasn't the first (Wii came a month earlier)

I thought the Wii version and GameCube version came out at the same time.. I could be wrong, going off of memories here

The GCN version of Twilight Princess is way less common than either the Wii version or Wind Waker on GCN. Traditionally this rarity and the desire for people to play it on it's original system would have driven up the price. But, in more recent times of people picking out "Key titles" Wind Waker is the more bonafide "GameCube Zelda" game.

So yeah I can understand Wind Waker pulling away from Twilight Princess in that sense, despite being way more common on that platform. I don't AGREE with it, but that's neither here nor there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

I thought the Wii version and GameCube version came out at the same time.. I could be wrong, going off of memories here

Yeah no, Nintendo delayed the GCN version so they could debut it on Wii. Pretty amazing for a launch title to have a Zelda game! Although... I never owned the Wii version, waited for the GameCube one and didn't own a Wii till like a year later!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

WW has personality. TP doesn't.

I say that as someone who likes TP way more than WW.

Eh, TP will get it's remake in the future I'm sure and prices will jump up again. TP was also cross platform with Wii so that segments the buyer pool a bit.  If someone wants the original WW they have to go Gamecube. 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:23 PM, jonebone said:

Eh, TP will get it's remake in the future I'm sure and prices will jump up again. TP was also cross platform with Wii so that segments the buyer pool a bit.  If someone wants the original WW they have to go Gamecube. 

TP was remade on the Wii U, just like WW! Easy to forget, I guess, although it's kinda funny that they released it on like 3 Nintendo systems in a row!

Some people predict we'll be seeing those remakes AGAIN on switch for the Zelda Anniversary, so that'll be FOUR systems in a row! 😉

Guess it was a good thing I picked up the GC version of TP, and WW, and all the other GC Zeldas when I had the chance...I still got all of them (black labels)...no they are not for sale, sorry!  Too much sentimental value (especially WW which I got during my college days).

On 12/1/2020 at 10:50 AM, OptOut said:

The GCN version of Twilight Princess is way less common than either the Wii version or Wind Waker on GCN. Traditionally this rarity and the desire for people to play it on it's original system would have driven up the price. But, in more recent times of people picking out "Key titles" Wind Waker is the more bonafide "GameCube Zelda" game.

100% agree with this.  I do think GCN Twilight Princess picks up at some point if this craziness continues, but you'll find some people will be happy with (and argue for) the Wii version which there are a crap ton of.  There is no other version of Wind Waker worth debating.  So even if these 'collectors' prefer TP for one reason or another they're going after WW since there's no risk of 'being wrong'.

5 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

100% agree with this.  I do think GCN Twilight Princess picks up at some point if this craziness continues, but you'll find some people will be happy with (and argue for) the Wii version which there are a crap ton of.  There is no other version of Wind Waker worth debating.  So even if these 'collectors' prefer TP for one reason or another they're going after WW since there's no risk of 'being wrong'.

With the GC TP you can pair it with like 4 other cool Zelda games on GC. If you get a Wii TP (the F I R S T  P R I N T), what are you going to pair it with? SS? Link's Crossbow training? GC will definitely be the cool kids game for photogenic instagram pictures.

• 2 months later...