IGNORED

Casual's 'Cart'mas 2020

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted

Alright - I've got another doodle-thread on the menu for the 25 days of Christmas 2020. I can't guarantee I'll manage a new drawing every day because December is such a busy month for me, but I'm gunning for at least 12 days for sure.

So here's the idea: Each day, I'll draw a game character as a classic Christmas persona. For example, here's Bub from Bubble Bobble as a Christmas gingerbread man...

517762073_000GingerbreadBub.jpg.dd0ecb8061d9c3eeb9b1190d2931dc59.jpg

So please make suggestions for game characters to match with the following Christmas characters (and help me finish this list of Christmas characters, too):

Santa, Frosty, Scrooge, Elf, Rudolph, Nutcracker, Jack Frost, Grinch, Abominable Snowman, Mrs. Claus, Miser Brothers, Cindy Lou Who, Sugar-Plum Fairy, Polar Bear, Yukon Cornelius, Little Drummer Boy, Winter Warlock, etc.

Merry Christmas everybody - I hope this turns out to be a fun, festive thread : )

-CasualCart

• Like 14
  • Wow! 1

I think DK could make a great abominable snowman. Dr. Wily could be an interesting scrooge. Maybe Pac-Man as frosty? He is ball shaped lol. Maybe one of the great fairies in Zelda ocarina of time as a sugar plum fairy? I'll think of some more later. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Like 1

And just like that, a Christmas tradition was born! (I hope)

It would be fun to see either Yoshi or Luigi as the Grinch.

Zangeif as an Elf would bring great joy.

The Koopalings with reindeer horns, and Baby Bowser with a red nose (Rudolph) with Bowser Sr. Dressed as Santa all happy as a weird dysfunctional family would be the coolest thing of all though! Like, I’d pay real cash money to commission that!

Pikachu with a simple Santa hat is fun

the TMNT opening up Christmas presents with Master Splinter and April would be fun.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Couple more ideas I had:

Either one of the Kremlings or King K. Rool himself, Both from Donkey Kong Country, as the Grinch

d9941170e8c872e2c2c5cab574ae14b4.png

1d0e1e0d7a52b73d8c4a3832c06913ee.png

Another one I think could be fun is Rush from Mega Man as Rudolph

1823577-th_rush.png

NmuGZ6ZtgTYLpk28KAFDfO5LGrmcTn4nFgcueqX0

And here's one that's really out there: Blaaz and Fraaz, from Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, respectively, as the Miser Brothers. (They're both elemental bosses, with Blaaz being fire-based, and Fraaz being Ice-based.)

84414c9cdf39e91d488e520962fbf25c.png

fb445c491549499bd2317e2969bf16bb.png

I'll post in here if I think of any more.

Its nice to see the Miser Brothers listed. (I don't know why, but I think I like that special the most. Probably because of the songs).

The two characters that come to mind immediately for those roles would be Waluigi and Wario as Snow and Heat Miser respectively. But for out of the box thinking, how about Agile and Violen from Mega Man X2? (not really elemental themed, but in terms of height, they fit)

Mmx2agile.thumb.jpg.e4f69e39ff77f5ab14ba5f8c431cd830.jpgMmx2violen.thumb.jpg.f8969ad56a6d6f475acc1ceac2a0c01a.jpgX-HuntersMMX2.thumb.jpg.6c044eb4c2bf791680370572984fda44.jpg

(just ignore Serges... actually all three as the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future would be neat)

For Rudolph, I think the R-Type ship could work. 

R_9A.jpg

And if you wanted to make the other reindeer, there are tons of other shmup ships/characters to fill in the rest(Vic Viper from Gradius, Rynex from Thunder Force, an Arwing from Star Fox, the ships from Raiden, Darius, Ikaruga, Recca, Parodius, etc)

One character that I didn't see listed is Krampus (somewhat obscure). I'm not sure who would make a good pick though. (A character that normally looks cute perhaps?)

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
On 11/29/2020 at 6:17 PM, Makar said:

I think DK could make a great abominable snowman. Dr. Wily could be an interesting scrooge. Maybe Pac-Man as frosty? He is ball shaped lol. Maybe one of the great fairies in Zelda ocarina of time as a sugar plum fairy? I'll think of some more later. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Cursed-Fairy.png

Sugar plum fairy right here 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2