IGNORED

VGA2WATA

GPX

VGA owners prior to 2018, have you tried WATA?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your VGA-to-WATA conversion?

• 0% - yet to try WATA
    • 25% - around 3/4 still VGA
    • 50% - half and half, just like a lamb/chicken yiros combo!
    • 75% - around 1/4 still VGA
    • 90% - nearly full conversion, but some will remain VGA permanently
    • 100% - the full conversion, any joys or regrets?
    • Other - please leave comments

1 hour ago, Startyde said:

Are you saying you believe the inner Wata liner is crushing the game? 

Crushing is a strong word, which is why I said pressure.  It is definitely putting pressure on the corner, but I'm not going to go as far as to say it's crushing.  Time will tell if their cases are good for the games, but it seems elemental that they should not put any pressure on corners, a-la-VGA

On 12/12/2020 at 2:57 AM, Wolf said:

On topic: I’m still collecting VGA and actually converting the few WATA games I have to VGA.  The couple WATA games I have show some slight pressure on the corners of the game box.  I also don’t like the size of the box, which starts to be relevant when you have hundreds of graded titles.  There are many positives with WATA and I’m glad they are in the market, but some of their promises have yet to be fulfilled.  As a side note, the connection between Heritage Auctions and WATA is distasteful to me.  I would have preferred a truly independent marketplace.

Off topic: I used to live quite close to Adam (rarebucky).  During that era, I went to his house countless times and spent a bit of time with his collection.  I’ve never seen anything to suggest that he gets special treatment from VGA.  I’ve personally witnessed some of his titles come back with lower grades on resubmission.  As for Adam selling ungraded, I haven’t spoken with him recently, but he’s a VERY discerning collector.  If a game wont receive a sufficiently high grade, he doesn’t bother submitting the game for a grade.  He has an incredibly accurate eye for predicting what a game will grade, and (in my opinion) the ungraded games he sells fail to meet the condition standard he is seeking for his personal collection.  The volume of games coming through his house is so great that it just isn’t worth grading EVERYthing.

On another off-topic note, I just discovered the death of Nintendo Age, and I’m happy to see that we have a new home!

Very strong first post! And welcome to the forum!

I'm just about to send in my first two games to get graded, both for Game Boy Advance. Golden Sun: The Lost Age and Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga. I personally do not like the look of WATA cases at all and feel the VGA case, especially with the gold seal for 85+ and above, is just a much better looking product. Coming from graded trading cards, once the consistency, and accuracy becomes equal it all comes down to aesthetics. I plan to send both games to VGA to get my feet wet and hope they both come back at least 85+

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coops_Collection said:

I'm just about to send in my first two games to get graded, both for Game Boy Advance. Golden Sun: The Lost Age and Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga. I personally do not like the look of WATA cases at all and feel the VGA case, especially with the gold seal for 85+ and above, is just a much better looking product. Coming from graded trading cards, once the consistency, and accuracy becomes equal it all comes down to aesthetics. I plan to send both games to VGA to get my feet wet and hope they both come back at least 85+

VGA is the way to go. Good luck with the grades!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yep it is also my belief that some games (i will speak for snes and n64) get too tight in wata holders and it presses the corners slightly. They may jave changed the cases now (thats what i heard) but i do not know, and because of that im scared to send my wata to regrade at vga 🤦🏻‍♂️.

as for the poll i collect nes wata (prefer the look of cases) and snes/n64 vga

Edited by Jim Jimmer
  • Like 1