IGNORED

PS4 vs. Switch games: Which verison to choose for multiplatform games?

acromite53

18 hours ago, Sumez said:

Yeah sub 30 FPS is where it starts to become a potential issue - but I'll agree that a stable 30 is more than adequate for most 3D games. As much as I'd love 60 to be the standard, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 30 FPS for a game like this.

I'd also say anything above 60 definitely has diminishing returns.

But hitting 60 FPS is just that extra pizazz where you still feel a major difference going up from 30. I don't believe anyone who claims they don't. To me it was something that really helped set the remaster apart from the original game.
And describing the PS4 version of DS1 Remastered "sputtering" is incredibly inaccurate. It plays like a dream.

I'd agree with that.  I think basically most of any game has a diminishing return over 60fps, some more perceived, yet others due to just an unfair balancing between competing players typically localized to shooting (FPS, etc) style games.  Someone will crank up into like 120+fps and they can maybe not see or obviously notice, but sensory level perceive the added frames of fluidity and can just paste the crap out of someone of equal skill rolling at a hard locked 60.  It's not like either runs more or less at a base level better, but the other may just inch that response time all the more faster in a duel.