IGNORED

Immortals Fenyx Rising: New BOTW clone

Kguillemette

• The title was changed to Immortals Fenyx Rising: New BOTW clone
  • 2 months later...

There is, it's optional, kind of like how you pay a flat rate for only MMO/CO-OP RPG Guild Wars 2 and you get the full game.  But then you have a choice to buy into fluff crap of pure uselessness, aesthetics, or speed up/perks for the lazy types.

The game parrots BOTW super well, I'd call it homage level quality on those lines, even makes some of the painful bits of BOTW like the overkill breaking of stuff a thing of the past.  The fetch quest style of stuff that BOTW has, grossly so with seeds and mini dungeons(shrines) are in this game, but spread far more smarter, wider, thinner so it feels truly optional to do it all, but doing some would be a smart idea yet it's not painfully dragged out or way out of the way either.  The flow is just good.  I put the game down, not because I wanted to, but I had other stuff to not keep collecting dust on as it will suck you in.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, Tanooki said:

There is, it's optional, kind of like how you pay a flat rate for only MMO/CO-OP RPG Guild Wars 2 and you get the full game.  But then you have a choice to buy into fluff crap of pure uselessness, aesthetics, or speed up/perks for the lazy types.

The game parrots BOTW super well, I'd call it homage level quality on those lines, even makes some of the painful bits of BOTW like the overkill breaking of stuff a thing of the past.  The fetch quest style of stuff that BOTW has, grossly so with seeds and mini dungeons(shrines) are in this game, but spread far more smarter, wider, thinner so it feels truly optional to do it all, but doing some would be a smart idea yet it's not painfully dragged out or way out of the way either.  The flow is just good.  I put the game down, not because I wanted to, but I had other stuff to not keep collecting dust on as it will suck you in.

Sounds like it would be worth picking upnext time it is on sale. Thanks friend, cheers! 🍻

3 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Sounds like it would be worth picking upnext time it is on sale. Thanks friend, cheers! 🍻

Yeah being Ubisoft, I had no faith in it from the moment I saw it, despite seeing some decent very copycat things about BOTW with it knowing the garbage they typically pull.  The game is mostly immune from their bs, except that it has a built in optional store for lazies so you can pay even more money for speed ups of this or that or some totally foo foo useless show piece junk on your character.  You'd think it's an odd choice, but one nagging thing I dislike, it likes to allow people as a feature to not just take pictures of whatever you want, but then post them to the map an dyou see little camera icons, so I guess maybe that garbage shows up for others. I don't know as I just remove or ignore them.

Either way it's a very similar to BOTW game and a lot of fun, very often despite being $60 stores blow it out at $30 for whatever reason and have since around Christmas.  I'd just watch dekudeals.com for nintendo releases they track for sales and bite when it hits.

• Thanks 1