Jump to content
IGNORED

Someone paid over $300 for an English Louvre Guide


MiamiSlice
 Share

Recommended Posts

Member · Posted
5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I just talked to a guy that showed me a graded loose 3 screw The Legend Of Zelda cartridge he paid $500 for. Things are about to get whacky.

Wow. Tell him I have a nice, raw 5-screw he can have for $500.

Honestly, this feels like that initial time that black diamond Disney VHS tapes were hyped and there were the random, sad few who paid hundreds, if not thousands, for movies like the Black Cauldron or Cinderella. Poor suckers. I guess this this their minute.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I just talked to a guy that showed me a graded loose 3 screw The Legend Of Zelda cartridge he paid $500 for. Things are about to get whacky.

 

1 minute ago, RH said:

Wow. Tell him I have a nice, raw 5-screw he can have for $500.

In any event it sounds like someone got screwed!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

Is this not for sale anymore finally? Maybe Covid and 3DS being discontinued was it? I thought these were “rare” a year or two ago but they were still on sale at the Louvre gift shops.

I've heard that the English version is not to be found anymore at the Louvre gift shop. They might have run out of their stock to sell. 

Until early this year the French version (the only version sold outside of the Louvre) was available on Amazon.fr for 14 Euro. Now it shows up as only being available from third-party sellers for minimum 29.99. Which is still a good deal I guess for a sealed copy that works on any North American 3DS. 

I have no idea what is the situation at the Louvre since COVID-19 lockdowns started. Is it closed? Is the gift shop closed? I would assume the gift shop is closed. 

I'm also not convinced that this game is "rare." They've been selling it at the Louvre for years! It's just an obscure thing. There must be people out there sitting on multiple copies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just checked the website and yeah it's closed until Dec. 1st: https://www.louvre.fr/en/louvre-bookshop

I don't know if it was open at some point in the past few months. 

AFAIK they are still using the custom Louvre 3DS's for guided tours. 

I saw one listing recently where someone was selling one of these 3DS's. I assume they stole it. Pretty crazy. I think a smart collector, maybe in France, should keep an eye out if The Louvre ever discontinues using these 3DS's. Maybe they will destroy them or maybe they will auction them off? Would be an amazing piece for any collection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Wait, the 3DSes were custom... I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to put one in my bag on the way out and then claim I "lost it" and fork over a few hundred euros for the thing.  I mean... it's only a little dishonest, right???

Regardless, if they do destroy them (and they might) this might be the rarest 3DS variant in existence.  It's hard to say what will happen.  On the one hand, businesses do tend to destroy/toss stuff like this because for tax reasons, it's easier than selling them and dealing with the red tape.  On the other hand, it's the Louvre, and they should know a thing or two about art and collect.  A piece like that is "important" and nothing gets an artsy fartsy person all worked up like seeing an important piece of art that's "important".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RH said:

Wait, the 3DSes were custom... I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to put one in my bag on the way out and then claim I "lost it" and fork over a few hundred euros for the thing.  I mean... it's only a little dishonest, right???

Regardless, if they do destroy them (and they might) this might be the rarest 3DS variant in existence.  It's hard to say what will happen.  On the one hand, businesses do tend to destroy/toss stuff like this because for tax reasons, it's easier than selling them and dealing with the red tape.  On the other hand, it's the Louvre, and they should know a thing or two about art and collect.  A piece like that is "important" and nothing gets an artsy fartsy person all worked up like seeing an important piece of art that's "important".

Check out the Hilton Hotel PSP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
11 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I can't remember if the PSP was custom but I know they had a custom made memory stick for them which is the most valuable part of the set. I think only 1 or 2 have been found.

Well, that's true.  I was aware that without the stick it's a 100% useless disc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...