IGNORED

Divorce: Vindictive wife to be raiding my collection on Sunday

5centgum

29 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Although it'd be nice to have a lifetime partner and start a family, reading shit like this coupled with the shenanigans my ex gf Fiona the cocksucking asswipe pulled makes me ultimately happy that I'm single? 

Good luck bro, no matter what the outcome.

Make a wise choice before going all-in.  There are just as many bad dudes out there as there are bad ladies.  I'm happily married.  Been married 15 years.  Never regretted it and I'm more in love with her today than I was 15 years ago.

Marriage can be great, and awesome, but you have to find someone who is mutually looking to get out of it what they put into it and also doesn't see divorce as an option.  Yes, divorce is definitely possible but between the two of you, if you find a person that sees marriage as a life-long commitment, as do you, then when things get tough, you will work through them.  In the end, that hardship often builds a better relationship.

• Like 3

Have you talked to a lawyer about this?  At least in Iowa, she can only take you for half of anything you acquired AFTER you were married, if that might help.  I was so happy to hear this when I got divorced.  Also, what readily available purchase records do you have?  If anything was bought with cash or craigslist etc, she has like no way to prove date of purchase, right?

I'd for sure exhaust options with a lawyer.  In a court of law, what can she prove you acquired after the date of marriage?

Oh, and hang in there man, my post-divorced life is WAYYYYYYY better (despite child support).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

We have that here, too. Sondra Locke and Clint Eastwood had a real famous dispute over that despite never being officially hitched.

I see. Haven't heard about it i don't really know anything about Eastwood's life. But yeah there's a lot of issues stemming from relationships you really gotta be on point always.

I think there's an innate disadvantage in that it's somewhat of a gritty thing to bring up that the parties should write contracts on who owns what on top of the already present disadvantage of love itself clouding sound judgement so most of the time people just don't do it.

Posted a link to the live stream. She is vindictive and it is not an easy divorce by any means. She is upset at the outcome of our last court hearing. More than anything I feel my home is being invaded. I feel invaded and I feel my kids stuff will be invaded as well. Many of their toys have been acquired through selling off stuff I don't want. My argument is her lawyer is classifying this as a "walk through". Really, TEN HOURS is a walk through? Not sure if she is going through with it but the stream is set to start at 8am PST. I am pretty sure I will not be watching it. Just want the video in case I need it. 

Thanks for the support. Please be nice with the comments. Although I do not like this woman much right now she is the Mother of my children who love her very much. I will always respect her as a Mother. 

This is all very unusual.  Like you got into a car accident with no insurance so the judge sentenced you to be the other guy’s butler.  Question:  Can I root for her to snag the good stuff like I’m watching Supermarket Sweep?  Find for the Coco Wheats!  Aww it’s right in front of you!  Damn.

18 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

This is all very unusual.  Like you got into a car accident with no insurance so the judge sentenced you to be the other guy’s butler.  Question:  Can I root for her to snag the good stuff like I’m watching Supermarket Sweep?  Find for the Coco Wheats!  Aww it’s right in front of you!  Damn.

This actually happened to a guy I know here in Taiwan. I guess they did have insurance, but he still had to drive the guy to and from work for about two months, until he was healed.

• Haha 1

Today has me feel for you, dood.

This year feels like anybody can just downplay their wrongdoings. And people like you and me have to be "fine" with the outcome. I have an ex-communicated family member that is downplaying what he did to me. And this was one of many issues I had with him. Then came my retirement from a forum because the moderator exonerated a guy who too a jab at those who do not collect like he does, in a topic that had the OP politely asking for advice. And today I resolved one issue with Pitney Bowes, but was later told by a European eBay seller that I was "under contract" to keep my order despite having reasons to cancel before it was shipped. People that I can picture your ex would hire as her lawyers! Ugh. 😩

As for the link... All is shown is a pic. And is saying that it has been waiting for you since November 8. So while we wait to see that is there any chance you can give us more details on the size of your collection, atop of any other updates?

• Like 1

This situation blows dude, I'm sorry to hear you're going through it.

I think the best suggestions so far have been to decide on a figure and halve it. 

I got really lucky to divorce on amicable terms. Still not ideal, but nothing to this degree of misery. Better days are ahead, bro. And even if she does pilfer a particular prized game, there's another one out there waiting for you to find.

• Like 1