IGNORED

what have you been listening to?

nesking80

On 10/23/2019 at 1:26 PM, ZeldaFreak said:

Going back to Queen, some of my favorites from them are actually the lesser known stuff. Like, I love me some Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, but the songs from them that aren't up there in legendary status I sometimes actually prefer. Stuff like Scandal, The Invisible Man, Coming Soon, Now I'm Here, Seven Seas Of Rhye, the entire Made In Heaven album, some of Freddie's solo songs and covers, MARCH OF THE BLACK QUEEN, MASTERPIECE THAT IT IS, etc. The Show Must Go On is my favorite song of all time, largely due to the fact I heard it during one of the lowest moments of my life, and it played a big part in potentially saving my life, so I mean how could it not be my favorite, it just kind of gets that spot by default. Made In Heaven also had a similar effect on me, and is also a fantastic song.

Queen really has an incredible discography. My personal favorite is Queen II, March of the Black Queen definitely being one of my favorite songs ever! Glad to see a mention for Scandal too, that was always one of my favorite later-era Queen tracks. And The Show Must Go On (and Who Wants To Live Forever) is one of the first songs I can remember moving me to tears.

Yeah, it's safe to say that I really, really like Queen.

I've been going through Talking Heads' discography lately. First two albums were great, started listening to Fear of Music this week.

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, ZBomber said:

Queen really has an incredible discography. My personal favorite is Queen II, March of the Black Queen definitely being one of my favorite songs ever! Glad to see a mention for Scandal too, that was always one of my favorite later-era Queen tracks. And The Show Must Go On (and Who Wants To Live Forever) is one of the first songs I can remember moving me to tears.

Yeah, it's safe to say that I really, really like Queen.

I've been going through Talking Heads' discography lately. First two albums were great, started listening to Fear of Music this week.

Yeah, I know this is a somewhat unpopular opinion, but while I know objectively the latter is probably better, subjectively I actually like March of the Black Queen better than Bohemian Rhapsody, I find myself listening to it a lot more often. And yeah, Scandal has definitely been one of my favorites ever since I first heard it. Just has such a unique sound to it, even among all the very unique Queen songs. Same with Coming Soon actually. Also, I can't BELIEVE I forgot to mention Who Wants To Live Forever, another song that had a profound affect on me! what kind of Queen fan am I?! 😛

Very glad to see some more love for Queen around here, though. I feel like a lot of people don't know just how good Queen's discography is even beyond the classics. I've listened to every one of their albums at least a couple times each, and honestly I dunno if I could choose a favorite, I'd have a really hard time. Even when they're at a lower point in their career like with Hot Space, they're STILL miles above a lot of the music that was coming out even at that time! (And I like Hot Space a lot actually, I just know at the time that was one of their most disliked albums)

On 10/31/2019 at 1:34 AM, acromite53 said:

Awesome man. I'm huge into The Beatles too. I've been on a RAM kick lately. I'd already heard and loved "Plastic Ono Band" & "All Things Must Pass" for a long time. But "RAM" was a new discovery for me. Just about a month ago. I'm hooked and think its all great.

RAM is, hands down, my favorite solo album from a Beatle. The vocals near the end of Back Seat of my Car give me chills every time I listen to it. If you haven't already, check out the album Thrillington by Percy "Thrills" Thrillington and read up on it. The background story on that album is pretty awesome. Also, if you haven't already, check out the Wings stuff. Back to the Egg, Venus and Mars, and Band on the Run are all really excellent albums.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2019 at 9:30 PM, ZBomber said:

Aw yeah. I love Talking Heads so much. I'm going to be watching Stop Making Sense in theaters again this weekend. Amazing performance. Their discography is great. More Songs about Building and Food is one of my favorites of there's.

• Like 2

It has been so many years since I last heard this song, any of these songs from the anime Zenki, but even after years I still remember the main theme song and was able to sing along with it without hardly missing a word. No, I'm not singing in this video, just saying, I was able to. A long time ago it was this very song that got me wanting to study japanese, such a long time ago. But as much as I try, my language learning has shifted, thus japanese while I still like it, not enough to keep up with old studies, though occasionally do try, different time, different interests, a time when anime excited me with Zenki, Bubblegum Crisis and Sailor Moon. Screwy thing, studying french right now, but listening to songs in japanese, c'est fou!

And the second album... really enjoying hearing these again.

Edited by MeganJoanne
added another video