IGNORED

Contra and Super C - 16 stages back to back - no dead

TheBiRD

14 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Can you play them in any order or do you have to start with Contra?

Good question. While I personally am going to do my attempts in chronological order, I’m gonna say dealer’s choice as it makes no difference to the quality or difficulty of the run.

As someone mentioned before, probably smart to start with whichever one you find hardest. That way you minimize your chance of frequently losing on the second game.

• 1 month later...

Well best run ever today.. started with Contra - 2 lifes. Boss Area 4 and a bullet from nowhere in Area 5. I kept going and beat the 3 last Area and Super C with a perfect run. For sure it way less pressure when the perfect run is gone after 4th stage out of 16. But however, it was a pretty nice run overall!!

Edited by TheBiRD
  • Like 1

During the 2017 NA weekly NES contests, we played Contra for the lowest score. I got 7th with this 1CC run. We had some real Contra players among us! I've forgotten how many times I had to beat the game with no deaths to get this! It would be interesting to pair it with SuperC in a back-to-back fashion.

1 hour ago, ninjistar said:

During the 2017 NA weekly NES contests, we played Contra for the lowest score. I got 7th with this 1CC run. We had some real Contra players among us! I've forgotten how many times I had to beat the game with no deaths to get this! It would be interesting to pair it with SuperC in a back-to-back fashion.

I found the contest thread! I thought I got 7th in that contest but it turns out I was 6th. I just barely beat your score.

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/175743/nintendoage-2017-weekly-contests-presents-contra

9 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I thought I played along that week, but then I remembered it was a low score contest and you were supposed to divide your final score by how many lives you had left. I would rather try to max out the score again. It took me 7 full loops and a little over 3 hours to do it the last time. I'm not sure why the score maxes out at the seemingly random number of 6,553,500 points. I think that's even tougher than a no death run since from the fourth loop on the slowdown becomes a major issue with all of the extra enemies on the screen. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I figured I would give this a try. I no deathed Contra and made it this far into Super C before losing a life. That overhead section with the rocks coming at you from both sides of the screen is the toughest part for me. If I can get this far without losing a life I'm usually good to go.

1223191605.thumb.jpg.fd49d4b3cf609ee0075772cbd6465ed4.jpg

I agree!!

Were you able to make it losing only one life?

Edited by TheBiRD

2 minutes ago, TheBiRD said:

I agree!!

Were you able to make it losing only one life?

Yeah, I lost my one life in that spot. It was a mistake on my end. I try to let the smart bomb that appears about halfway come out to the middle of the screen and I hit it too early shooting at the rocks and should have just left it because I had to go all the way over to the far left side to pick it up which basically got me killed as soon as the rocks reappeared. I might give it another try later.