IGNORED

Contra and Super C - 16 stages back to back - no dead

TheBiRD

At one point I could no death Contra years ago.  Not sure if I would be able to now, those sitting purple goobers in the last stage always seemed to peg me.

Super C feels like a whole different animal.  Harder game and I feel a lot less familiar with it.

1 hour ago, arnpoly said:

I have no-deathed both games exactly once.  Not together though!  I could definitely do it though it would take a while...

I figured you would be able to beat them both back to back on 1 life with your eyes closed! 🙂 I actually used to play both games back to back regularly, but it's been a while since I've played either one so I'd probably have to knock the rust off.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to play some Super C today and I was pretty rusty since I haven't played it in months. I'm sure it will come back to me. I have a slightly tougher time with Contra for whatever reason and I haven't played it since the last time I maxed out the score. 7 loops in a row was enough Contra for a while!

• Like 2

I’m liking these weapons challenges. I propose the following challenges:

Rules:

- Games must be played in succession.

- No Deaths.

- Non weapon power ups, including “R”, are allowed except in the no power ups challenge.

- Specified weapon must be obtained at the first possible opportunity. No weapons aside from stock gun are allowed up to the aforementioned point.

- No Cheats or Tool Assists.

- No Save States.

Challenges:

- No Spread Fire. (Everything else is fair game)

- Machine Gun Only.

- Flamethrower Only.

- Lasers Only.

- Stock Gun Only.

- No Power Ups.

I’ve listed them in order of what I feel is easiest to hardest. If you can pull off the last one, you are the Supreme Master of Nintendo. Captain N has to give you his jacket and Johnny Arcade has to let you kick him in the nads.

11 hours ago, MachineCode said:

I’m liking these weapons challenges. I propose the following challenges:

Rules:

- Games must be played in succession.

- No Deaths.

- Non weapon power ups, including “R”, are allowed except in the no power ups challenge.

- Specified weapon must be obtained at the first possible opportunity. No weapons aside from stock gun are allowed up to the aforementioned point.

- No Cheats or Tool Assists.

- No Save States.

Challenges:

- No Spread Fire. (Everything else is fair game)

- Machine Gun Only.

- Flamethrower Only.

- Lasers Only.

- Stock Gun Only.

- No Power Ups.

I’ve listed them in order of what I feel is easiest to hardest. If you can pull off the last one, you are the Supreme Master of Nintendo. Captain N has to give you his jacket and Johnny Arcade has to let you kick him in the nads.

Interesting, but I feel just doing them no death on a row is challenging!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheBiRD said:

Interesting, but I feel just doing them no death on a row is challenging!!!!

Oh absolutely. These are just extras. I’m definitely trying the standard no death runs first. I feel like a actually have a really good shot at that one so these are just the next step for fun. No death dual game run by itself is super badass and worthy of praise.

21 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'd take it over the fire gun. That thing is beyond worthless in Contra and not much better in Super C.

The fire in Super C is significantly better in my opinion. The splash damage can really help out in high spawn areas and the weapon can be charged to take a good amount of damage. Fire in Contra is absolute garbage.