IGNORED

Your Most Wretched/Foul/Uncared For/Derelict/Moth-Eaten/Fly-Blown/Ravaged And Skanky Looking All Around Poor Condition Game, Console, Accessory Etc.

PII

2 hours ago, RH said:

Ok, I just have to ask, how do labels get ripped off?! How or why does that happen? I get water damage or maybe a young kid getting a sharpie and wanting to make it an "art piece". Kids do dumb things like that. But why do people rip off the labels and then write the name on it?

1. Stickers removed (e.g. owner's name, used store price tag, etc.)

2. Pest infestation (e.g. termites)

Now let me ask you another question - how come so many disc based games get separated from their case? Really, I don't get it, why the hell would anyone do that? (say, dvd case, because if it's a jewel case, all right, these are very fragile)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

how much? serious inquary

I think $125 a little over a year ago IIRC and yes, it was a horrible deal. Pretty sure it was made fun of in the price thread here, which was totally justified and still may be.

I was paying for convenience of not going through my saved searches to find a cheap white bullets cart, letter, and manual (is there a 'right' manual? I don't even know). Now people are selling the letter for like $100, so hey, my laziness worked out.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sg17 said:

1. Stickers removed (e.g. owner's name, used store price tag, etc.)

2. Pest infestation (e.g. termites)

Now let me ask you another question - how come so many disc based games get separated from their case? Really, I don't get it, why the hell would anyone do that? (say, dvd case, because if it's a jewel case, all right, these are very fragile)

I can answer that. It's about space. There are people that both don't have a lot of room for stuff and they don't like to trade it in. So, they get a fat CD wallet, stuff the games in it and toss the cases.

I had a buddy who would trade in games but had the same issue with space. Every time he got a new CD, this is what he'd do. I know he would have done the same with his games had he not intended to trade them in in the future.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RH said:

I can answer that. It's about space. There are people that both don't have a lot of room for stuff and they don't like to trade it in. So, they get a fat CD wallet, stuff the games in it and toss the cases.

I had a buddy who would trade in games but had the same issue with space. Every time he got a new CD, this is what he'd do. I know he would have done the same with his games had he not intended to trade them in in the future.

Still blows my mind. It's not like they take too much space to begin with (at least with normal quantities)...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I think $125 a little over a year ago IIRC and yes, it was a horrible deal. Pretty sure it was made fun of in the price thread here, which was totally justified and still may be.

I was paying for convenience of not going through my saved searches to find a cheap white bullets cart, letter, and manual (is there a 'right' manual? I don't even know). Now people are selling the letter for like $100, so hey, my laziness worked out.

cool story 😁 i meant how much you want for it? 😁😁😁🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sg17 said:

Still blows my mind. It's not like they take too much space to begin with (at least with normal quantities)...

Well, it does when you buy 3-4 games a month.  My buddy would do that, but since he was always trading games in, he usually only had about 8 on his shelf.  Regarding music, he probably bought 2-3 albums a month and though that's not much, he had done that since he was probably 11 or 12, so at some point, it made since to him to clear the cases out of his closet and just keep them in a wallet.

Now, I'm not the type of person that can do that, but I get the logic.  I mean, I was even the kid that by the time I got my N64, I kept all my boxes and manuals.  My buddy and I were complete opposites that way.

• Like 1