Billy Mitchell Is Going to Trial

JamesRobot

Billy Mitchell's Kong Score  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Did Billy Mitchell Cheat?

• Yep! He's a filthy cheat and a liar.
    • Hell no! Reinstate the score!

6 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I'm undecided on billy Mitchell as a whole.  they king of Kong portrayed him as a bad guy, I think twin galaxies is kind of a joke honestly.  not really sure.  I think he goes for the badass persona, which is fine, but I just don't know. 

Old tg had a bad rep they earned. New tg has done a lot of good cleaning and appears to take their credibility seriously.

Dude is definitely a master but also a cheater and generally dishonest. He will never meet a challenge head on, he sidesteps everything, always working an angle. There's no point in engaging him on anything, you're never going to get him on even ground. 

• Like 3

Never heard of him until I watched King of Kong (which was great)! Also saw bonus features where the producers said the movie might have been much "darker" because of Mitchell, and if anything they portrayed him in a better light than he really is - so that says it all. As for this trial,

That means Mitchell will have to prove at trial both the falsity of Twin Galaxies' claims and that the organization acted with "actual malice" in making them.

No chance. Either Twin Galaxies will fold and agree to reinstate his score because they don't want to deal with this trial, which is exactly what Mitchell hopes, or they'll actually go to trial in which case this won't be long at all and Mitchell is done.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm curious.  For those who believe his scores should be reinstated, do you believe that he didn't cheat at all, or do you believe that the altered boards don't have any impact on the record, and the rules should be changed to allow for their use?

All cheating should be allowed, period. If everything is on the table, no one is at a disadvantage!

Competitors should be able to inject gorilla testosterone directly into their thumbs!

They should be able to spike their opponents' MTN DEW red alert with a potent mix of laxatives and tadalafil halfway through a Pacman kill-screen run.

They should be able to come over your house and bang your mom in front of you to break your concentration while you play!

Survival of the fittest out there mofos, it's every Jumpman for himself! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

All cheating should be allowed, period. If everything is on the table, no one is at a disadvantage!

Competitors should be able to inject gorilla testosterone directly into their thumbs!

They should be able to spike their opponents' MTN DEW red alert with a potent mix of laxatives and tadalafil halfway through a Pacman kill-screen run.

They should be able to come over your house and bang your mom in front of you to break your concentration while you play!

Survival of the fittest out there mofos, it's every Jumpman for himself! 😉

Agreed! Cheating is the gift man gives himself.

• Haha 5

Editorials Team · Posted

So what's the actual issue? He used a MAME box to set his record, right? And lied about it? But there's no evidence of actual cheating? Just lying? Right?

I guess deep down, I'd want to know who actually did play the best DK (or whatever) game in the world, even if I didn't like the person.

Sure, whoever played the best even if they played on MAME, except (as I understand it) the place he submitted to explicitly said no MAME allowed. Oh and this rule was in place because you can use save states in MAME, making it much easier to cheat?

It's like you're caught playing a console game in emulator, submit it to speedruns.com for the console category, people call you out and prove it's not console gameplay, but instead of just saying "yeah I was playing on emulator but it's totally legit, I don't use save states" you just lie for years straight and pretend you've never heard of an emulator.

So maybe slightly different than just lying. Lying under very suspicious circumstances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

I would 100 percent trade every single drop of my dignity for that fucking mansion.

Hell, I'm giving it away for FREE every single day of the week around these parts! 🤣

Surrrrrre you are 😛   But seriously I tell people all the time that if someone came to my apartment and opened up a briefcase with a million dollars (just like they do on TV/movies) in fresh packs of $100 bills...and said I could have it in exchange for my kitty cat, you know what I'd do without a moment's hesitation?

I would gently close the case shut, and look him in the eye and politely say thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Estil