IGNORED

Genesis Cart Repair - Whats the going rate for someone to look at it?

tbone3969

I have Alisia Dragoon and the insides look mint.  I shined the contacts up nice and for whatever reason I get a black screen after the initial boot language comes and goes.  Can anyone look at it and see if it is fixable or not?  And if it is how much?

Thank you.

Edited by tbone3969

1 hour ago, Woobie said:

If you have a multimeter can quickly check a few things. I had a few dead carts (nothing too expensive) but they both had the same issue.

You know what.....  I do have one somewhere.  Bought it years ago and never got around to using it.  What a great idea.  I will try it and post my updates here.

Actually I found two that are showing nothing, no volts.  Also, there seems to be one pin at .285 volts while the rest are around .600.  Guess I will try to fix the two that are at zero and if it still will not play do the .285 one as well.  Fingers crossed.

Have to wait for the 1k resistors to come in.  Can I just solder a wire in for now to test the game or will that damage it more?

Edited by tbone3969

5 minutes ago, Supergun said:

Definitely don’t just solder a wire in! That wouldn’t be “resisting” anything if you did, rather, it would just be a direct connection. At best, it might work for a short while, at worst, it would short the connection and kill the chip completely.

Yeah, that's what I figured.  Thanks for the tip.