IGNORED

fcgamer's Finds

fcgamer

Hi guys, I'll post some of my finds in here.

Yesterday I grabbed this bootleg of Koei's Ishin no Arashi. Although the game itself (especially in Japanese) isn't particularly exciting to me, bootleg versions of the Koei games are very hard to find, and are also quite valuable.

I didn't know this one existed into my good friend pulled a copy out of his bag for me. Yeah I know it needs cleaned, but no time for that as I need to step out.

IMG20191027105456.jpg

• Like 1

I found a few more goodies yesterday. Since I had to take my brother to the airport, I was able to beg for a day off work, and got it! 

After he went through security, I left the airport and spent the rest of the day exploring the area. I managed to sniff out a few carts, and also found two that I was almost able to purchase, but sadly had to let sit (the guy had literally lost the key to the display case, so we couldn't get them out...). It's a shame, although I already had those two carts, a member from NA had been looking for one of them since April. 😞

Overall, I found a few unlicensed original games, a few bootlegs, and a few Sega Genesis prototypes yesterday. Overall it was a decent find.

IMG20191031235813.jpg

IMG20191030231954.jpg

IMG20191030232414.jpg

IMG20191030235640.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

@B.A. The prototypes include After Burner II, Forgotten World, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (this is the Japanese version it seems), and Sonic the Hedgehog. There are three others that didn't run yesterday, but I will clean them and try different machines, etc. As @OptOut can personally attest, things are very wonky with the machines and tv I own, aside from my Famicom stuff, for unknown reasons of which we are trying to determine.

There was also a Ghouls n Ghosts and an Altered Beast in the set (not pictured). While on retail boards, the Ghouls n Ghosts chips code seem not to match any known Sega game, and the Altered Beast game seems to have early chip dates, so these might also be pre release games, though I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Romiked2689 said:

@fcgamer super cool find on the sega prototypes! I’d have interest in a couple of you ever move on from them. 

also I seen your post on the dead forum the question should you grade them. I wouldn’t personally but some will want that for them to spend money. 

You also can’t for a while, as WATA does not have Genny cart only cases, at least not for now.

Edited by ExplodedHamster

On 10/31/2019 at 12:06 PM, fcgamer said:

I found a few more goodies yesterday. Since I had to take my brother to the airport, I was able to beg for a day off work, and got it! 

After he went through security, I left the airport and spent the rest of the day exploring the area. I managed to sniff out a few carts, and also found two that I was almost able to purchase, but sadly had to let sit (the guy had literally lost the key to the display case, so we couldn't get them out...). It's a shame, although I already had those two carts, a member from NA had been looking for one of them since April. 😞

Overall, I found a few unlicensed original games, a few bootlegs, and a few Sega Genesis prototypes yesterday. Overall it was a decent find.

IMG20191031235813.jpg

IMG20191030231954.jpg

IMG20191030232414.jpg

IMG20191030235640.jpg

Sent you a PM as well haha. You’re pretty popular 😉

Picked up a few more items over the past few weeks.

The first picture is of a locally made Famiclone.

The second picture has two Sega games. The first is a Taiwanese original, the box had some water damage at the top but everything else looks fine. The other game is a bootleg of Shadow Dancer.

Picture three has some really nice multicarts from Aaronix. It's funny, as this company was producing official Sega stuff in Taiwan, while at the same time cranking out bootleg Famicom stuff. Then there are some bootleg Famicom games with nice, generic labels. This was quite often done during the early days of bootleg Famicom carts.

IMG20191117133251.jpg

IMG20191117133348.jpg

IMG20191117133516.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Continued from earlier post

I also found some other bootleg Famicom carts. Lickle is a highlight, so is Family Pinball oddly enough. That game is hard to find as a bootleg. The Sachen Hidden Chinese Chess game is also a nice one.

The carts on the last picture are all broken, but I knew that before getting them. The value lies in the bootleg box for Dragon Quest III.

IMG20191117133623.jpg

IMG20191117133700.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just received these on Friday!

Conan was never officially released on the Famicom, and the bootleg version is quite rare. Same story with American Gladiators, though it is just uncommon to find. North and South and Super Spy Hunter contain the USA rom , with N&S also being quite hard to find.

Edit: Sorry the carpet's a bit dirty, my cat's had a really rough week and the stray litter Ive been battling shows.

IMG20200104210603.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1