Jump to content
IGNORED

Gaming Chairs, or What Do You Sit on While You Play?


Lago
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve never owned a chair specifically for gaming.  Always been the couch, floor, recliner, or folding chair type.  Oddly can’t ever recall gaming on a bean bag.

Holidays are coming up and this might be something I’m looking into.  Thoughts? Recommendations?  Stay Away Froms?  Let’s hear what you got!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

The last "piece" I need for my game room is a sofa just long enough to recline on.  What I'd really love to find is a very 1980s couch that some "grandma" has had in her parlor for 30+ years and was barely used.  Gotta keep up with the vintage aesthetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RH said:

The last "piece" I need for my game room is a sofa just long enough to recline on.  What I'd really love to find is a very 1980s couch that some "grandma" has had in her parlor for 30+ years and was barely used.  Gotta keep up with the vintage aesthetic.

Also gotta have that nice, smoke-filled smell to go along with it too!  😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted

I personally just use a red office chair, something akin to this

8694_management_grand_dream_weave_dash_c

Has decent back support and it's fairly firm, but I've been thinking about upgrading. I've actually heard that most "gaming" chairs really aren't that good when it comes to ergonomics, and it's a better bet to go with an office chair instead, since they're specifically meant for people who spend very long amounts of time sitting in a chair, so they usually have much better back support, and in some cases are comfier depending on what type of chair you like. I've been thinking of maybe picking up a used Herman Miller chair, might be something I'll get sometime next year.

71VVk7m8aIL._AC_SX522_.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over the years I used an office chair for quite a while until I moved and didn't take it with me 😕 other than that; couches.

Just got a pair of these bad dad's and they're a lot of fun with mario kart, I really wanna mod them out with pillows and like foot rests haha:

spacer.png

Ak rocker 100, I don't think the company makes them anymore but they make super fancy racing office chairs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Steelcase Leap. It has nice adjustable armrests. Otherwise I just use a couch or recliner. What's a gaming chair? I don't get the racing seats you see all over Twitch and whatever. A bucket seat keeps your butt in the chair while you're flying around corners in a racecar, it doesn't keep you comfortable in your house.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I have a Steelcase Leap. It has nice adjustable armrests. Otherwise I just use a couch or recliner. What's a gaming chair? I don't get the racing seats you see all over Twitch and whatever. A bucket seat keeps your butt in the chair while you're flying around corners in a racecar, it doesn't keep you comfortable in your house.

How is the Leap? I've heard very good things about it. Also, gaming chairs are those racing seats you see on Twitch and whatnot, and what you said about them is exactly why I'm planning on upgrading to an office chair instead 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I have a Steelcase Leap. It has nice adjustable armrests. Otherwise I just use a couch or recliner. What's a gaming chair? I don't get the racing seats you see all over Twitch and whatever. A bucket seat keeps your butt in the chair while you're flying around corners in a racecar, it doesn't keep you comfortable in your house.

My racer-style chair is incredibly comfortable, and it's actually quite ergonomic - my back actually feels much better lately compared to when I had a really expensive office chair.

This is the chair I have:

image.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

My racer-style chair is incredibly comfortable, and it's actually quite ergonomic - my back actually feels much better lately compared to when I had a really expensive office chair.

This is the chair I have:

image.png

That's the Titan, right? I'll give you that, I have heard very good things about that chair and Secret Lab in general. I just don't know how they compare to some of the nicer office chairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

That's the Titan, right? I'll give you that, I have heard very good things about that chair and Secret Lab in general. I just don't know how they compare to some of the nicer office chairs.

I had a Herman Miller Aeron (a $1300 chair) and I prefer the Titan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gloves said:

I sit on a typical Ikea couch for tv gaming. Most of my time though is spent at my computer, and for that I have a Secretlab Titan with the Softweave fabric. 

100%

Disclaimer, this is the only gaming chair I have owned. However, you get what you pay for. I got the black/black chair color combo.

Edited by Mega Tank
Description
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I've been thinking of maybe picking up a used Herman Miller chair, might be something I'll get sometime next year

I was recommended a Herman Miller as I was looking for a chair while I worked from home. However, after much research and seeing the high prices I stuck with a black/black SecretLab Titan with the Softweave fabric. It doesn't warm up at all. I saw a lot of reviews stating the leather chairs were horrendous for various reasons, so I gave this Softweave a try after many positive reviews on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Lago said:

Thanks for all the great insight!  Any of you guys ever heard or tried this chair?

https://www.samsclub.com/p/2d-zero-gravity-xl-gaming-massage-chair/prod22390036?xid=plp_product_1

Ive been looking into the secret lab chairs and am seriously considering one of them.

I'd probably hate that chair since I like to cross my legs and generally move them around while I sit. The leg massagers serve a purpose, sure, but they also mean you HAVE to sit in that specific position no matter what. 

Not like I'm trying to sell Secretlab chairs or anything, but the Titan is honestly the best chair I've had and I've had a good few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd probably hate that chair since I like to cross my legs and generally move them around while I sit. The leg massagers serve a purpose, sure, but they also mean you HAVE to sit in that specific position no matter what. 

Not like I'm trying to sell Secretlab chairs or anything, but the Titan is honestly the best chair I've had and I've had a good few.

That’s why I started the thread!  I figured a lot of my fellow gamers were more knowledgeable than I was in this area.

I’ve seen secret lab pop up quite a bit so I started looking into them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...